Questions about Hershey Show Field Logistics...

charlier

Hopefully someone from Hershey Region can answer a few questions I have.

The show field layout posted on the Hershey Region shows a "Right Vehicles" and a "Left Vehicles" entrance.

When the show cars are entering the field on show day will they all enter the first entrance (Right Vehicles) or will vehicles use both entrances depending on their class designation?

When exiting the field after the show will both exits be used?

When exiting, will both right and left turns onto Hockersville Road be allowed?

Will the answers to these and other questions along with a copy of the show field map be included in the show car registration packet?

Is it corect to believe that food vendors and restroom facilities will be located on the fringe areas around the show field like last year?

Anything that can be done to minimize confusion before the show is always a good thing. Thanks for answering these questions.

Steve, sorry for forgetting to post the link.

My brain is still half fried after working last weekend at a Very Large VW event.

Getting 1,100 cars onto that show field and another 4-5,000 spectator cars in has me still in logistics mode.

Hence the questions about the Hershey show field.

R.W. thanks for jumping in there.

<span style="font-weight: bold">(No problem Charlie! Wayne)</span>

Based upon the faint direction arrows I see that appear to start in the Orange field, then follow up North Hockersville Road, then to enter the show field...which looks suspiciously like what we did last year...I would like to add my question to Charlie's list:

Have there possibly been any improvements toward getting the flow of show cars to move better (relative to last year)? I recall it was a long, slow process...

Many thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"...has me still in logistics mode..."</div></div>

I think I would've been in *drinking mode* after something like that, Charlie...

Anyway, thanks for the followup Charlie AND Wayne! </div></div>

99.99% of the show staff were in drinking mode at the dinner following the event on Sunday.

BTW, did I mention that we did this event with about 30 staffers and 30 judges?

That alone was reason enough to drink. Can you say TIRED? tired.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have there possibly been any improvements toward getting the flow of show cars to move better (relative to last year)? I recall it was a long, slow process...

Many thanks! </div></div>

Good queston Steve. The backups last year and being mis-directed by the parking staff more than once are what prompted my questions this year. I figured if more show car owners knew what they are supposed to do, things would go smoother this year. grin.gif

Two years ago I couldn't find the regular parking. First time there, I arrived about 6 AM. It literally took me driving around an hour in the darkness before someone could tell me where the parking was. No one knew and I kept getting in the wrong line frown.gif Of course once it was daylight it was easy to see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ricko1937</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No response yet. I'm curious to know the same answers to your question Chalier. </div></div>

It appears that Hershey Region members may be too busy to check and respond on the forums this week. Too bad... frown.gif

Hopefully, there will be some notes in the registration packet.

Then again, those that pickup their packets on Saturday morning may find the information to be too late.

Suggestion for next year.... The Meet Chair should assign one or two region members to monitor the discussion forums and answer questions.

That should be done before and during the event. In fact ALL AACA Meets should make this a standard practice.

The show field map doesn't look like they have made much in improving the way of entering or exiting the show field. All I know is that I'm going to get in as early as I can to avoid the backup. My car will overheat if it sits for more than 30 minutes in backed up traffic. I hope they have tried to address this issue this year because there was a lot of complaining last year. I sure miss the days when we showed at the stadium. The drive in was as much of a thrill as the show it self. People would line up 4 deep to get a picture of the beautiful cars coming in. It was easier to organize the flow of traffic and you knew where everything was on the show field. I know the club is at the mercy of Herco but I wish we had the old way back. BEST OF LUCK to Hershey Region with their show this year. They still have the greatest show on earth. Thanks!!