BCA Board Meeting - 2/07/09 Colorado Springs

Guest William_Darrow

Guest William_Darrow

The BCA National Board meeting will be held in Colorado Springs on Saturday, February 7th at the Crowne Plaza hotel. It will start at 9AM. All BCA members are welcome to attend.

• 2 months later...
Guest wildcat62

Not too much excitement, Roberta. Hopefully, i'll have the minutes typed up and approved soon. smile.gif

Mark, the food was very good at the Depot restaurant. They would be able to accomodate your group very nicely.

Just dont order the frozen Margaritas....

Mark, you and the PWD folks will love it, Lots of old railroad stuff all over the walls, you can sit at the table and see the trains going by and the food was pretty good. Good beer and wine and not too far away.

I will look forward to going again.

BTW, for all of us who live at sea level or close to it, Colorado Springs is at 6000 feet above sea level. I know I am out of shape and I felt it. The hotel is very nice and huge. If you start at the front door and walk around and back to the front door, it is 1/2 mile. Nice pool, both indoor and outdoor, flat screen TV's in every room, good bar and restaurant onsite.

The beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows.Right off I 25 at exit 138 so easy to get to. Its going to be a fun meet with lots to do.

Guest imported_Thriller

Thursday kind of makes sense as there is the big western dinner and show at the Flying W...with the PWD dinner on Thursday, it wouldn't be a conflict.

That's probably one of my biggest issues in trying to plan...trying to see the things we want without intentionally causing conflicts or breaking the bank.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Derek:

Our banks are going bust by themselves without any help from us. Bring plenty of those good $$$$ Canadian and throw them around!!

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest imported_Thriller

I am of course referring to the Bank of Suzanne. Our registration is something like $700 or so...when you consider there are 5 of us, we definitely don't take part in everything. A year ago, give or take, our dollar was on par with the US$...now it is just over 80 cents...if the Canadian dollar went up just a few cents, it would cut our registration costs a bit.

The hotel was booked when I was in Flint. The registration is now filled in...I'm just trying to watch the exchange rate a bit to see if I can save a few bucks. The kids are going to miss the last day of school (not that they'll be missing much) so we can get there when I want to. I haven't figured out yet what we'll be doing for Canada Day (July 1) down there...if nothing else, I'll probably put a flag on the car.

I concure with Bill S.

Everything is easy to get to. No more than a few miles to most attractions.

The Showfield is 10 steps out the east door of the Crowne Plaza.

Pikes Peak is showcased out the windows of the Banquet Room where Saturday Night's Banquet will be held. Don't miss that. There'll be fireworks off the top of Pikes Peak at dark, visible from the Banquet Room.

It's been several years since I've seen the Colorado Rockies they are, well let's see "of purple mountain's majesty" was the first thing that came to mind.

Frank Lyle and Crew are doing a great job. If your'e nice you might get a ride in his "Roadmaster Limo".

RY

• 1 month later...