Missing 1992 Reatta prototype

johnemac

Guest CL_Reatta

If I were rich, Would buy it just to make it look normal again.... A speaker in the grill??? I guess so he can share is WONDERFULL taste in music to the rest of the world to enjoy =}

Park that thing on Cumberland Avenue in front of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and it would sell in less than an hour. grin.gif Go Vols!!

BTW, if you thought you were watching a football game between Tennessee and Florida last week on TV it was actually a training video on how <span style="color: #FF0000">NOT</span> to play football.

Guest C.F.Massie

Just two words Roger, Butt Ugly!!!!! Disgusting that the seller touts it as a rare car rather then it being unique in the modification sense (blecht). Not my taste but who am I to judge.

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Who does this to a Reatta? I expect this kind of stuff on an old Chevy Caprice Brougham or a Caddy Fleetwood Brougham. Maybe even a Olds Cutlass, but this is disgraceful. The real kicker is how much all that had to cost, on a car that isn't know for great resale value to begin with. The two-tone interior might be a nice touch with an accent color other than orange.

They should have changed the front turn/parking lamps to blue (which, consulting my color wheel, is the complement of orange). And maybe fabricated a custom all clear euro tail lamp lens with a black out kit. Heck, put the lambo doors on and neon underlighting. Don't forget the Autozone stick on Cadillac wreaths around the door lock cylinders and the self adhesive port holes on the front fenders. Gotta have the 12" tall vinyl lettering on the rear window that says "Reatta" too. That's the ticket. Heck, this "upgrade" was only half done.

Methinks the seller will not get their investment back out of this car, if they even sell it.

KDirk

Sounds pretty sanctimonious to me. Some people have different tastes than all of the purist’s on this forum.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw stones at someone else’s ideas. How would you like it if someone typed two full paragraphs knocking your design or ideas? Boy,I would hate to see what you would have to say about my Reatta.

I am not saying that I like his design, but I'm not going to knock it. It's his, not mine. If he can't sell it he will get the message.

Maybe if the forum was not so judgmental, more people would share their ideas.

I really hate to see this kind of post.

Spoken well Jon.

I just like the car for the styling,the taillight,and the 88/89 year specific features. The 90/91's are too mainstream. I think the styling is timeless, but the wheels are dated. The only colors I like are the red/tan, polo green/tan, black/tan, or maui blue/black.The polo green and maui blue do not come in the 88/89 years so I probably won't own one. I also don't like verts either.

I changed the wheels[chrome spoke], removed the cassette deck[added GPS] and put in the Riv. wood trim.

And like Ronnie said. if it was in Tennessee it would sell. Here in Wisconsin we have people building shrines to the Packers and Badgers, so anything green/gold or red/white will sell.

I would welcome hearing about aftermarket mods that people have done to their cars. I would like new ideas.

Since the craigslist ad will disappear shortly, Here's the info and the pics:

1989 Buick Reatta for sale. Car has 138,000 miles on it. Pass smog and is registered. Car has 22's. Comes with the digital dash, everything else in the inside works. The AC comes out ice cold while the heater comes out very warm. Brand new tires in the front. Car has new paint and interior. The interior is Gel white with Geniune Orange with two toned piping. Car comes with two 12' inch speakers with one 6x9 in the grill of the car. The car runs great. The Reatta also comes with an Viper alarm and rim locks. These cars are very rare to come pass. There are no problems with the car. Call for appts (707)310-0262 or call (707)712-3891 "SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY".

post-30931-143138007207_thumb.jpg

post-30931-143138007208_thumb.jpg

post-30931-143138007209_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mc_Reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He needs to list it in the Knoxville, TN edition of Craig's List. Would probably start a bidding war at the frat houses. </div></div>

Below is a photo of someone who would agree. He appears to be ready to fight that war.

post-52331-14313800751_thumb.jpg

Say what you will about that car, but I'm sorry I can't quite agree with all of it. The interior ain't all that bad but, those wheels, they just look horrid on that car!!

• 4 years later...