1932 Dodge shop manual

yirgaman

I've been looking for a factory shop manual covering the 1932 Dodge for several years with no luck. A couple Antique auto book sellers have told me they have seen them - but very few. Does anyone know of the existance of such a publication? or am I just chasing a fantasy? I know Chrysler was cutting costs everywhere in 1932 and cut back on printing during these hard times. Should I keep looking? You can contact me at

"yirgaman@netzero.net" if you have one to sell or let me get copied professionaly.

Larry

I believe that there are no such animals as "shop" manuals for the early thirties Dodge Brothers cars. I have never seen any from 1928 through 1933. I have two 1931 Dodges and have researched this for 40 years. There are only "instruction" books. I would pay $1,000.00 for a 1931 Dodge Brothers car "shop" manual. I could be mistaken, but I have looked and looked. I have a lot of information on the '31s and '32s. John

1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 wood wheeled business coupe (my first car)

1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 wire wheeled business coupe

• Like 1

Yirgaman, hate to sound like a broken record but did you check the AACA library? Kim has instruction manuals for a '32 DK, DL and a DH. There are some other books there too for '32's. At the top of this page under "resources", go to the library, click on "on line catelog" type "1932 Dodge" in the search. Kim will copy and send them to your door. Not sure if they take credit cards or can email them to you yet.

thanks for the info on how to access the catalog....I'll do that. I asked her earlier about the shop manual , she said they don't have one but didn't say what else she had other than a mechanics manual for a 27 Dodge and thought other years manuals might exist. I'v got the owners manual and some other stuff, but not the manual I'd like to see. Like keiser33 said " I'd give a lot of money" maybe not $1000, but close.

Larry

Guest DodgeKCL

Generally speaking there are no shop manuals for any early Chrysler products,Chrysler,Plymouth,Dodge or DeSoto,cars or trucks. They came with an instruction manual in the side pocket or glove box and that was supposed to suffice to instruct any one to do any repairs Chrysler thought necessary or the owner capable of.

About 1934/35 shop manuals started to appear but as far as I know there is no shop manual for any 1933 or earlier vehicles. I have a large blue cover original shop manual from Chrysler for the 1934 Dodge car, the first for a Dodge car that I've seen. There were also parts books for the different vehicles and they can be quite instructive, reading between the lines so to speak, what part should have been on a certain vehicle during which year etc. etc. but no shop manuals.

Today Crank 'en Hope publications of Penn. sell a variety of aftermarket books on how to repair those early cars. I have one that covers Plymouths of the mid to early 30s. They might have something for '31 Dodges?

• 14 years later...
5 hours ago, JDA said:

I have a factory service manual that covers from 1921 to 1931 doge brothers cars. If any one would like a copy I would be willing to have one made at a fair cost.

Can you show me a page or two that shows 1931 Dodges? I have never seen an actual SHOP manual for the cars, only the owner's instruction book. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been through the AACA Library's 1932 file. It is a pretty substantial file, but no shop manual (never seen one outside of the Library either). They do have three editions of the DK Instruction Book. I am curious what changes were made between the three editions. The Instruction Book is very detailed to the mechanics of the vehicle that I'm not sure what a shop manual would have in it that the Instruction Book does not. I'll be back at the Library next weekend and can look again if you need anything specific. 

Kyle

thumbnail_IMG_9606.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9615.jpg

It covers more than this year these are just some sample pages manual has over 500 pages in total.They are not numbered individually they are numbered for each different year.