Rims that can be used on reatta?

Guest daveagain909

Guest weewilly

Are the rims / wheels off any of the 2000 buicks fit a 1990 reatta, saw a nice set of chrome ones that looked like they would be nice looking on our reatta's Will they fit? Does anyone know of any direct exchange ( from other buicks)that work? year and model??? would like to stay with buick.

weewilly-

The bolt pattern on the Reatta is the same as nearly every front wheel drive GM product (excluding some livery and commercial chassis cars) from probably 1986 onward. The diameter, width and offset are the bigger issues. Stock diameter on the 88-90 Reatta is 15", 1991 was 16".

There is plenty of clearance to go larger (say 17" or even 18") in diamater, and width has some wiggle room too. Keep in mind that diameter changes may impact the accuracy of the speedo and odometer. Finding the right wheel/tire combo can minimize these effects.

Offset determines how much inner clearance the wheel has around the brake caliper (in simplistic terms). If you don't have enough offset the inner side of the rim can rub on the caliper causing damage.

I have not seen an exhaustive list of directly interchangeable wheels on here, but I know the subject has been discussed. A search should yield some posts with specific model/year rims that will work.

I know someone here has a Reatta convertible with newer (post 2005) Lucerne alloy rims on it, they look good on the car. Seems like I just saw some pics of it in a post in the last week or so. Also there was recently a silver and blue Reatta for sale on here with some Dodge Calibre rims on it.

Hope this gives you someplace to start.

KDirk

Guest spyhunter2k

I intend to eventually post a comprehensive wheel thread soon as I am in the process of choosing new wheels myself.

Mid-late 90's and up Buicks interchange(Regals, Rivieras, Lucernes etc.).

The correct bolt pattern is 115 X 5, slightly larger than the 114.3 X 5 commonly seen on other makes.

Good luck.

Guest F14CRAZY

I'd suggest the "Ford" 5x114.3 pattern because I haven't had any problems with it but others including Daniel have reported vibration issues, and like guys on Bonneville Club don't suggest it and say it can wear the lugs etc etc

WeeWilly, If you want to stay with the Buick look, Chrome wheels off of a 2006-2008 Lucerne will work. I went with the 17" wheels so that I would have enough clearance for the Spring tower. I have had a lot of compliments on the way they look.

post-46439-143137989274_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It would be great if this could turn in to a list of wheel & tire combinations that have actually been used. I would like to add the list to my website so it would be easy to find in the future.

So far this thread is talking in general terms about wheels that would fit the Reatta and I could add that info as well.

Anyone who is running wheels, other than the stock Reatta wheels, that work without problems, please post the following:

<span style="font-weight: bold">wheels size / tires size / bolt pattern / make and model of the vehicle the wheels came off of</span>

Soon we will have a list of wheels we know will fit.

Guest weewilly

would really like to see the list of replacement wheels like Ronnie suggests. I am still working on the 2000 regal to make sur it fits without change.

Guest spyhunter2k

It's not too difficult to figure out which ones will work.

We know that the Reatta has a 115 X 5 bolt pattern with a 70.3 center bore and a relatively high offset.

Visit this site to see other Buicks with similar values:

Buick Wheel specs

Then under app guide pull up the table for Oldsmobile, Cadillac, and Chevrolet to pick out which models and years have the 115 X 5, 70.3 bore, high offset combo. With a little time, you could make a simple Excel spreadsheet that only includes the cars that have similar wheel specs as ours.

Or you can go to a site like bigwheels.net and manually enter the wheels that you are looking at to see if they have the same bolt pattern and appropriate offset, which should be lower than stock (about 40mm)in most cases to compensate for the extra width of 7-8" wheels as compared to the stock offset of the 15 X 6 wheel (about 51mm).

http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm

A list of a lot of vehicles and their bolt patterns, Adaptitusa sells wheel adapters, lot of good info on their website http://www.adaptitusa.com/

BOLT PATTERN CONVERSION CHART

108.0mm = 4.25"

114.3mm = 4.50"

120.7mm = 4.75"

127.0mm = 5.00"

139.7mm = 5.50"

I always thought some of the chrome wheels from a Grand Prix or late 90s Riviera would look good on a Reatta.

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm

A list of a lot of vehicles and their bolt patterns

I always thought some of the chrome wheels from a Grand Prix or late 90s Riviera would look good on a Reatta. </div></div>

I don't know who is responsible for this list, but a quick look revealed several errors.................

cool.gif

Guest ChevroletR

Can anybody post pictures of their Reattas with different wheels? The Luceren and Rendezvous pictures? Thanks!

Guest ChevroletR

Looks great guys. What will you use for centercaps F14? Surely don't want anything on a Buick with the four letter 'F' word on it! lol but seriously, I'm a HUGE fan of the five spokes

Guest F14CRAZY

heh it's been a tradition almost to not wear hubcaps on my Reatta. When I get to it someday, since I still have the pony hubcaps, will be to grind them off and replace them with Reatta wheel logos or maybe "GS"

Guest steelfoot427

i listed a list a short time ago with all of the wheels that and back spacing just look in the forum for it and have fun i'm looking at the caddie wheels that are good looking wheels and are cheap to find

Guest weewilly

I think these will fit my 90 reatta?

08 16" OEM BUICK LACROSSE SILVER ALLOY WHEELS &TIRES NU Item number: 110265685758

EBAY

1 of 6

View larger picture

Starting bid: US $499.99

Your maximum bid: US $

Place Bid

(Enter US $499.99 or more)

price: US $525.00 Buy It Now

0% APR until Jan 2009 - new eBay MasterCard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Jul-06-08 21:01:52 PDT (8 days 2 hours)

Shipping costs: US $185.00 (discount available)

UPS Ground

Service to United States

Ships to: United States, Canada

Item location: Sunny Phoenix, United States

• 1 month later...
Guest Bill_Boro

I have a 16" five spoke wheel set on my Reatta from an Olds Alero. Also have a backup 16" gold honeycomb set from a Pontiac. Both came from a local junk yard with excellent tires on all four wheels for about $275 per set! Both fit and drive very well.

Guest Bobby Valines

Im not sure what year, 90 somthing. Somebody wrote in here that most gm front wheel drive will fit our cars. I wanted to go with 15s, I already had new tires that came with car. The reatta rims were scrached up bad.

Guest Bobby Valines

The rims are american racing the guy in add said he had them on pontiac. The thing is that i dident have to spend alot of money, keeping wife happy.

post-56791-143137999769_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...