'89 Riv w/teves

DAVES89

Out in the u-pick yard today and found an '89 Riv w/teves. The accumulater looked original but the pressure switch had been replaced cause it had a "made in Belgium" sticker on it. So I grabbed that.

How unusual is that for teves on a Riv?

I thought this was the Reatta forum?!?lol I can go back out there and check, probably won't be for a week. Can you find out the safe way to remove them and report back? One of the guys "over there" said to be careful. BTW which 2 vents?

I did go to www.car-part.com and the windsield and fenders are the same, so I will go with the vents being correct as well. If you want to check on that as well that is up to you.

You can PM me if you want.

Wait I am confused... are we looking for vents for your Reatta or the Riveria?

Guest crazytrain2

"The TEVES Mark II ABS System has been equipped on many different cars of the 80’s Included in the list is the Pontiac 6000 STE and 88-90 Riviera and Reatta. The system also appeared on some SAAB, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Alfa-Romero, and Lincoln Town Cars."

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/abs-system.html

I would also add the Electra / Park Ave. 88-90 and some Porsche's as well.

Guest alex_houston

The Riviera and Reatta drive trains, dash, and many other components are the same. The windsheild is not one of those components as is not any body components.

As far as working on one or the other, there is little difference in the two.

Here's a good listing of cars using the TEVES MARK 2 system:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">TEVES MARK 2 ABS (4-wheel, Integral ABS)</span></span>

1985 to 1989 Lincoln Continental

1985 to 1992 Lincoln Mark VII

1986 to 1989 Buick LeSabre

1986 to 1990 Buick Electra, Park Avenue

1986 to 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

1986 to 1990 Cadillac DeVille

1986 to 1990 Oldsmobile 98

1986 to 1990 Pontiac 6000 STE

1987 to 1992 Ford Thunderbird

1987 to 1992 Mercury Cougar

1987 to 1993 Saab 9000

1988 to 1989 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville

1988 to 1989 Buick Reatta, Riviera

1988 to 1989 Merkur Scorpio

1988 to 1990 Oldsmobile Delta 88, Toronado

1988 to 1991 Peugeot 505

1988 to 1990 Pontiac Bonneville & SSE

1991 to 1993 Saab 900

1991 to 1993 Volkswagen Passat

Ronnie, I'm not sure where that list came from, but I have wandered through the local yards for several months in search of both Teves and Bosch systems. I have seen the Teves on a Saab, but all the others, no. I don't pay particular attention to the years, but I am pretty confident that at some point I have looked at almost everything on your list. Those are the cars and years that make up a lot of the inventory of local dismantlers. I just wander by and poke my head under the hood to see what the braking system is. Now there are many GM cars with a system that looks like the one in the 91 Reatta, but nothing with our version but the Saab. I have not been over the foreign section with the same devotion, so I can't say anything with confidence about that part of your list.

I think for some reason, some cars from your list have Teves and some don't. What I do when I am out working the yard is look under the hood for the accumulater. [Almost every car has the hood up. It's a quick look.]

If I don't see a white sticker on them meaning the switch or accumulater has been replaced, I let it go.

What I will be doing this summer [when the yard is real dry,as you have to get down on your knees to pry it out of the knuckle]is grabbing the ABS sensor leads. I think Cadillac used a better rubber on their leads as I have yet to see one with a cracked lead as I have on the Reattas. Of course here in Wisconsin we don't get the same temperature ranges as they do in Florida [which is where my car is from] so maybe that is why [until I replaced them]that my leads were so cracked and bare.

Ronnie...

This information comes from ACDelco, General Motors

Corporation copyright 1997 <span style="text-decoration: underline">Teves Mark II Antilock</span>

Tehnical Service Information.

"The Teves Mark II ABS was available as an option on the following vehicles:

Buick

1986-90 Electra/Park Avenue (C-body)

1987-90 LeSabre (H-body)

1988-90 Riviera/Reatta (E-body)

Oldsmobile

1986-90 Ninety-Eight Regency Brougham (C-body)

1987-90 Eighty-Eight (H-body)

1988-90 Toronado/Trofeo (E-body)

Cadillac

1986-90 Deville/Fleetwood (C-body)

1988-90 Eldorado (E-body)

1988-90 Seville (K-body)

Pontiac

1986-90 6000 STE (A-body]

1986-90 6000 STE All-Wheel-Drive [A-body)

1989-90 Bonneville/SSE (H-body]"

Regards,

1989 White/Blue

The key work is "optional", because of the option cost, it did not appear on many of the above. I saw a 1989 LeSabre in a yard with Teves.

Teves ABS was standard on the Pontiac Bonneville SSEI. The Olds Touring Sedan. (as well as the Reatta)

If we can come up with an accurate list of all cars that had the Mark II Teves system like we have on the Reatta I intend to post it on my website.

I feel like matthewlawe's list of GM cars is accurate.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone have other cars to add that are known to be the same system?</span>

I saw that book at the local used book store. It tells you everything you ever wanted to know about the system except how to rebuild or repair it. Not very useful for what I wanted. Most of the information in it can be found on the Internet.