Nationals in Flint

Booreatta

Ok with gas at close to $4.00 a gallon who is still planning to drive to Flint. From where I am it is a very costly show. I can remember 10 years ago my wife and I went to Europe for 2 weeks for what It is going to cost to drive to Flint. I am still going but gas has got to be an issue for all national clubs. Any way who is going?

If you are going and own one of the pewter cars bring it with you so that we can compare the actual cars. lets see how many have numbers and if there are any differences.

Guest gryfan

iam going to flint this year for the first time.i am a new owner as of last january and have my 1990 red coupe with tan on the road for the first time.this is the first car i have purchased that has made my spouse as happy as i am.being as it is my first time can some experienced owners tell us things such as where do we check in,sorts of activities,are there any vendors[i am looking for a set of tan mats...do not have to be original reatta mats ....just so as the size and colour are right]is there parking at the wingate for those who could not get a room there,and just a summary of the meet so we rookies can get an idea of what to expect. thanks gryfan

I guess the first thing is are you a member of the BCA, if so then the complete information is listed on the back cover page of the Buick Bugle. Then one thing that I would do for sure is the Rendevzous which is thursday nite leaving from the Wingate. I am not sure but the reg packets should be able to be picked up at the Sloan Museum from Wed on. As far as the mats are concerned you might want to contact Barney Eaton, a year ago he had some repop sets that are nice and at a good price. Hard to tell them from factory. You will meet a lot of good people and you will have a good time

I'm still planning on being there and driving the white '91 convert. Will bring the pewter model (if I remember). Trying to get a few more people who worked on the Reatta project to come to the Reatta program on the 17th.

Guest imported_Flash

For those attending, in addition to the Wingate, there are 2 other hotels near there (Holly Road - exit 108 off I-75) within literally 5 minutes south of the Wingate if the Wingate fills up. One is an Amerihost and the other is a brand new Holiday Inn Express. Just for information. Having been a 50+ year resident of Flint/Grand Blanc, there are some areas I would avoid (like downtown or anything north of I-69). Exit 108 is a pretty good area.

Best of luck to all who plan to attend.

Flash

I couldn't get past the 3 night minimum until a guy from the Riv. forum pm'd me about a used CRT. I sold it and now it looks like I will go. My wife [who's not going] told me that I would feel "out of it" if I didn't stay at the host motel.

So the question is...

Is it better to come in Wed. nite and be fresh for the Thurs. meeting, or come in Thurs. and leave Sun?

I'm planning on shutting off the engine and coasting down hills. I will also fill-up at 1/2 tank so there is no shock at the pump.

One plans for only driving on days when the wind is blowing from west to east (going) and east to west (coming home)

The experts say to not carry any extra weight, so I am shipping everything ahead.... including Nancy.

If you have any additional gas saving ideas, post them here.

It is not a judged meet so I going to drive my VW beetle with it's diesel engine that gets over 50 MPG on the highway to Flint. I am going to put Reatta emblems on it and just tell everyone I did some modifications.

I can and do stay home from a lot of things, the cost of fule has already changed my lifestyle somewhat, HOWEVER, there will only one nationals coinciding with the 100th anniversary of GM. Luckily, I only live 40 miles away now. I missed the 100th of Buick and I regret it.

Hopefully, my Reatta will be back on the road and I can drive it there.

My brother (1966 Skylark and 1966 Gran Sport) and brother-in-law (1965 225 vert) will be there. The vert may be in the big parade, haven't heard back yet.

Guest EDBSO

Hi Flash;

Hope that you and Cheryl are well.

Claudia and I won't be attending this year. She and her sister and the lucky husbands are going to a "Fairy show"

Only real men can say that!

For half of the money she has spent there he should send a limo and plane ;-)

Initally it looked good to attend but this came up.

We also have a 50th wedding anniversary to attend in Saskatchewan and will return by way of Nappa Valley, San Diego and Phoenix. 28 days later an 7,000 miles later we will find ourselved in Detroit one day from home.

Guest EDBSO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EDBSO

Keep us informed on the affects of the belly pan. </div></div>

So I have a tank of gas through the car average 65 mph

got 41.39 miles per CDN Gallon. EPA is 36

I am satisfied. Was also running into a headwind.

Well I have the back side of the trip in.

Had the air-conditoning on, cruise set on 65 mph, 379.5 miles

Fuel Consumption

Litres per 100 Km .......... 6.66

Miles per Imperial Gallon .. 42.42

Miles per US Gallon ........ 35.32

Kilometres per Litre ....... 15.03

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #009900">17.8% over the Highway EPA at 65mph</span></span></span>. I continue to be a happy puppy ;-)

Guest ChevroletR

I'm staying in Novi this summer working as a GM Intern at their Milford Proving Grounds and I have the Reatta up here! When exactly are these Nationals? Thanks