For Sale Ignition Cabinet & Contents

Folks...I recently closed down an ignition and carb business I own. Now I want to sell the contents of the shop. I plan to sell each lot to the highest bidder on this forum. My rules will be 1) You must pick up the lot, I am not going to pack and ship anything. 2) No detailed inventories will be supplied, only pics and general info. (You are welcomed to get a local AACA member to view the lots) and I will answer any questions as best as possible. I will leave this posted for aprox 60 days. 3) Terms cash when you pick it up. The first lot I have for sale is a cabinet full of NOS ignition parts (the cabinet goes with the deal). This lot consists of NOS DIST caps, Rotors, Points, etc. You can see from the pics it is full to the brim. The vast majority fit vehicles of the 60's and 70's, some earlier. I am setting a minimum bid to start at $100. All of the parts are identified by manufacturer's part numbers and I don't have a cross reference, so don't ask me if I have a part for your 1967 model X.

post-34731-14313797977_thumb.jpg

post-34731-143137979772_thumb.jpg

post-34731-143137979775_thumb.jpg

im guessing by your posts you dont have time to "ebay" this stuff, ill also guess the lack of interest is not so much this stuff not being wanted "i love digging through boxes of parts/junk" but i imagine its more of the scale of what you have and a lack of a definative list of items included. have you tried contacting dealers that work with nos older parts directly to see if they would be interested in a bulk deal for their stocks? maybe even ebay the whole lot as a bulk deal on ebay.

just a thought

Harry,

I might be interested but I have little idea what would be a reasonable offer based on the limited information that you have posted so far.

If you want to make it easy, name a price that you will take for it all and somebody here will probably take you up on it.

52deluxe....Thanks for the thought...Yes I don't have time to put the stuff on E-bay and I have tried contacting a few commercial dealers. I do have an inventory of the parts cabinet; however, it is long and is primarily after market supplier parts numbers requiring catalogues to translate the part numbers to make and model. I thought someone in the AACA would take advantage of this opportunity to pick up a load of parts at a good price. One hobbyist/dealer did contact me although I haven't heard back from him. Over the years I have bought out several auto parts houses of their old inventory. Basically, about 10% of the parts will move fairly quickly and the other parts will stay with you forever. Again these parts fit cars of the 60's, 70's and some 80's, which seem to be in good demand from collectors today as these vintage autos are being perserved and restored.