Wonderful day in the neighborhood

JohnD1956

Every weekend. Sat is driving day. First it's get Yoda running, which has gotten much easier and off to Starbucks. An hour with him, then back home for the '64. After that the Vette and then into the garage.

Of course, we haven't had much snow so there's not a lot of leftover bad stuff like salt. And, the rain had cleaned most of that away.

Love Saturday's.

Gary

This is a prime example of why that Electra is so important to me. I am not worried about the salt or the snow, and it gives me a Buick fix whenever I need it.

On a side note, I was surprised when I opend the hood to hook the battery up. The car has been sitting since just before Christmas, and it got covered with snow and cleaned off several times. It is on asphalt but when I opened the hood the entire engine compartment was wet from dew and looked like someone shot it with a fire hose. Water was dripping everywhere.

I really need a place with a big garage.

The good news is the rear window glass is holding tight and the interior did not have any such situation. The better news is back when I decided to leave it alone I went and blocked all the holes in the trunk floor with clear heavy 2 mil plastic. I actually glued this down using upholstery spray adhesive. This is a temporary fix just to seal things up for the winter and it seems to have worked very well as the trunk was dry too.

Guest Dan Cook

I haven't had our Electra out since Jan 2nd. The snow is still too deep to shovel, although mostly ice now. Here we don't get the accumulations like you do but when it comes it never warms up enough to melt off. It's an altitude thing. At least they don't use salt out here.

The biggest problem I contend with is the packrats wanting to build nests in the cars at the beginning of Winter. Decon usually takes care of that. Takes care of the cats too.

Guest ZondaC12

Woohoo! Yup I'm SO glad I had a 3-day weekend. Did some crusing, real good time. Though not in the Buick frown.gif If I did it would have looked REAL funny...as the shocks are disconnected and the panhard bar is off! laugh.gif So shell be sittin there a few weeks 'til the ball seal is done then back to catchin these freak nice days (and I might add with last nights downpour the roads were beautiful too!) until spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: serb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks but No Thanks,

I will wait until April after the rain cleans the roads.

</div></div>

Ditto that. The hibernation will continue until spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We just seem to keep going from frozzen ground to mud up here. The 1915 isn't leaving the stable until the salt is gone and the mud dries up. eek.gif Dandy Dave! </div></div>

Ignoring the salt issue, but the original owners of you car (in 1915) probably wouldn't have had an issue driving your car in mud. Probably that is all they had back then to drive on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We just seem to keep going from frozzen ground to mud up here.</div></div>

Roger that! The norm this year has been some snow, then ice, then rain. Then it freezes turning into boiler plate ice for a few days, then it warms enough to turn to mud. Than it repeats itself.........Bob

Bill, I do belive your right. It must have been one of them mud holes from 90 years ago that weakened my broken axle. After the adventure of making new ones last rear, the 15 road fine all last year. I wouldn't want to run it in the mud and get her stuck though just to go though that again! High and dry is how she'll ride as long as I'm driving her. Of course we may run into rain on the after tour this year??? shocked.gif But there should not be any mud holes, or a farmer and his team lookin to get paid to pull me out. laugh.gif Dave!

Yes sir JD. It is amazing that some of these early cars even survived the treachers of early driving. I was looking though the BCA Roster and see that I have the only C-36 listed. I know of about 3 others, One is a very nice driver, the others I have only heard about. One is in a museum and I have only seen pictures. But either the owners are not BCA members, or they just chose not to list them. It looks like quite a few of the C-37 touring models have survived. I sent in an application for the parade. We will see where it goes. Should be a fun time this summer. grin.gif Dave!

Guest Dan Cook

I wouldn't mind a little thaw. It's warming enough that the snow and ice are melting on the South side of the house but the ground is frozen at least a foot deep or more so the water has nowhere to go. Every morning we have an ice rink in front of the kitchen porch.

The Electra is under cover on the North side but still 2 feet of snow in front of it. Frozen solid there too.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dans 77 Limited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dcdpgh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: serb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks but No Thanks,

I will wait until April after the rain cleans the roads.

</div></div>

Ditto that. The hibernation will continue until spring. </div></div>

Considering Im also a resident of the Burgh, and then add in the fact that the Wildcat has no front brakes and the Limited is currently hibernating in the warm dry basement of a local Chrysler dealer, that leaves the Skylark. Its not mine.....I wont drive it( for the same reasons why Im not on here much anymore)soIm left without a Buick fix for at least a while longer.

Dan