New on aaca picking up my 40 2 door today

40 2dr sed

I'm brand new! I will tell you a little story to qualify myself I have been a motor head for over 25 years however this is the first fat fender olds and Im looking for any info or contacts on 1940 olds I purchased the auto from an estate it is a gem too! A true barn find! one owner 100% car with some extra parts here and there. I'm actuly leaving in a couple hours to trailer it home and will take plenty of picts and post a few when I get home I have been cruising the web for a couple weeks gathering all the info I can get take care and thanks for any help you could give me

Guest ZondaC12

Yes PICSPICSPICSPICSPICS!!!!!!!

AACA admins I respectfully request this be added to the smiley package: ttiwwp.gif

Haha just kidding but on other autootive forums I'm on people use it CONSTNATLY to harass fellow members who lollygag on gettin' the PICS up. People turn into animals I swear it!!! So that's my duty, to bring some of that here! grin.gif

But seriously congratulations, I can't wait to see this. ONE owner, wow. This oughta be neat.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear 40 2Dr:

I note the folddown rear center bumper guard and the rear bumper end wings. I can't say for sure on an Olds, but on a Buick, those items would make hen's teeth look easy!

2 door sedans aren't common and it looks like a great find.

Regards, Dave Corbin

okay I know you are all wondering? whats next, Im not sure? I want to get the body damage fixed, then for the power train. the motor "6 cyl" is not seized it has oil and seems to only be missing plug wires but who knows, I also got some extra parts the back of the truck is full,ie 2 sets of rear fenders 2 originals 2 trunk lids,4 bumpers one front with fog lights,gauge pack,raido grill, 2 spot lights,

2 hoods,a extra head for the motor that looks new? and all the trim most in great shape! and about 4 boxes of other stuff ! this car has a tiny bit of rust in the bottom of the passenger door ind a little in the rear roll pan AND THATS IT! I might yes I said might make a retro rod or mabe stock not sure? I first want to make it drivable.

I know that I speak for most everybody here. It is your car. You get to decide what to do with it, but you really should restore it to original stock condition. It is in very good shape, why do more work to rod it?

40-3511 means it's a '40 60 Series 2-door sedan. 60 Series are also sometimes referred to as Specials, or as F-40s. The C in the body number would refer to the Fisher plant where the body was built (I don't know what C was in '40) and it would be the 474th 60 Series 2-door sedan built at that plant. Trim code 3 really looks like an 8 to me, and I can't decode it. Paint 45 is Vagabond Blue.

Paul

Just a quick update whell not knowing if the old flathead would ever have any life again I thaught she deserved a shot. the motor had oil in it but remember this car has sat untouched for over 42 years. It was missing spark plug wires and the plugs where only hand threded 2 or 3 turns. so I have spent a total of $15.00 after my purchase on some new plugs grabed some old plug wires a buddy had. I did pre-oil the cylenders a couple days back. Then I grabed a 6 volt batery from a peice of equipment at work and put the cables to it, disconected the fuel pump line ind ran a hose from a fuel cell I had. poured a little gas down the carb. and after mabee two miniues of cranking SHE FIRED OFF! and within les then a couple minutes the smoke cleared the motor sounded and came to an idle and purred like she was new!!! next is getting the brakes to do there thing.