Seasons Greetings

50jetback

Wishing all forum members the very best for the festive season.

Thought I had missed the boat, logged on last night ( here in Aus ) and the system was down for maintenance. Glad to see it's back up and running well.

Just having a little break between lunch and dinner, temp was forecast at 38C but tricked us and slipped up to a very nice dry 41C, that's what? something like 105F I guess.

Anyway, the formal lunch is over, a little rest and then the seafood BBQ in a couple of hours.

I'll give a thought for you members in the mid-west USA while I'm drinking the next stubby.

All the best.

Is there any room in the land down under for a good old boy and his 15 Buick from the States?

I love the spirit of the season, but I hate the cold weather and snow.

I think Chistmas in a warm place next to a swimming pool would be just grand!

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year Stuart!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50jetback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just having a little break between lunch and dinner, temp was forecast at 38C but tricked us and slipped up to a very nice dry 41C, that's what? something like 105F I guess.

</div></div>

Merry Christmas Stuart and Delys and to everyone else on the Buick Forum. I hope that evryone has a happy and safe Christmas. smile.gif

Stuart, perhaps you would like to slip over to the East Coast of Australia to Victoria where it is a pleasant 25C (77F)and have a couple of beers with us. wink.gif Or you could wait till New Years Eve when your weather arrives here and it will be 38C (100F)

The Wildcat will definitely have the top down on the way to our Buick Club New years Day Luncheon. I think the Wildcat is enjoying summers much more now than when it used to live in Minnesota smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

Stuart - you guys still have stubbies? Most, if not all, of ours have been replaced with those long-necked bottles...I miss the stubbies.

Merry Christmas all and a great Buick New Year.

Derek, the stubbie has almost disappeared here also to the

"fashionable " long neck. It's mostly just an Aussie tradition to call beer in a small bottle a stubbie nowadays.

And to make matters worse, the long necks have shrunk in size from 375ml down to 330ml ( oz. ?? )

And they cost the same $$ mad.gif

It's a marketing ploy by the big breweries who say they are just keeping in line with international beer bottle sizes.

Yeah, right !!

BTW we call a large bottle 750ml , a KING BROWN

That's also a poisonous snake here as well. eek.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

The King Brown sounds like bottles available only in Quebec...they are somewhat more liberal there with liquor laws than I've found in other provinces.

I miss both them and stubbies...the stubbies more for sentimental value though I guess.

Yep, the shop to die for, for sure, seen it a couple of times, mine would be 2 - 40x60's one with checkered board floor with all the cars and posters, hot wheels and such stuff, and a big screen tv, sofa bed, shower/restroom, bar with real fridge and sink to get water for the ice for the drinks, pool table, etc. and the other would be the working garage, spray booth, engine rebuild room, a couple of lifts, one at least. I have it all laid out on paper, just need to find the land to put it on, and then the dragstrip, oh, that's just another dream!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brian, Ken, So this is what goes on in you guy's shops, eh mates?

</div></div>

Ken and Stuart,They've found out our secret eek.gifeek.gif

Hey Lamar & Roberta, why not come to the Australian Buick Nationals in September 2008 smile.gif and you can search for THAT SHED while your here.In fact .........the invitation is open to everyone.

2008 Australian Buick Nationals

Of course you might get distracted by the rows and rows of beautiful Buicks that will be in your way and will most definitely be overwhelmed by some good old Aussie hospitality but that's a chance worth taking..............isn't it wink.gifwink.gif