Don't let this one get away..!

RocketDude

quotting the ad "The whole car is origional " I have to admit, that does open the possibility that the word "origonal" does not mean the same thing as the word "origin<span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>l"

Still, a 53 with the straight 8, and a stick shift... Hmmmnnn...

JD

Yep, all "originol" *cough, gag*. I especially like that all original foot-shaped accelerator pedal, that original purple bumper, those original yellow flames, that original red valve cover, that original red siren bolted to the top of the fresh air duct, those original seat covers, the original foot pedal pads, that original red and yellow oil filter housing, and those original interior door panels.

Definitely my kind of car, unrestored, and just like it came from the factory. Maybe he should enter it for an Archival Award at the next BCA meet?

Pete Phillips

HAHAHha.. He didn't show it but coming from his area in NYS you can bet it also has the oft used corner stop sign for floor boards....

But common Pete.. a 2 dr 53, with a straight 8(albeit maybe non numbers matching), and a 3 speed. Might be worth something...Purple paint by any color still comes off with sandpaper.

JD

Guest ZondaC12

I dont know about those painted bumpers. I have mixed feelings every time I see that kind of thing. I want to like them....but that just isn't "the look" for a car that originally had big in your face chrome bumpers. It's a staple of a very different era of styling and it gives the car so much more character!

But I kinda like it as goofy as it might look, especially with the color choice. Yes the barefoot pedal is cheesy so are the floormats with FLAMES haha. But I would actually not feel too silly driving that around. You'd probably actually get thumbs-up's from most people, and with the TRULY goofy cars most of my peers try to pass off as a "tyte ride" this is hardly an eyesore by comparison.

It's still got the Inline 8! Can't argue over the drivetrain setup. That right there commands some respect from me anyway.

Someday I need to drive a car, any car, that has 3-on-the-tree. That is just really foreign to me, I can't imagine moving a lever on the column all the time. I do it every once in a while on my 87 Cougar which is an automatic. Must take some getting used to for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, all "originol" *cough, gag*. I especially like that all original foot-shaped accelerator pedal, that original purple bumper, those original yellow flames, that original red valve cover, that original red siren bolted to the top of the fresh air duct, those original seat covers, the original foot pedal pads, that original red and yellow oil filter housing, and those original interior door panels.

Definitely my kind of car, unrestored, and just like it came from the factory. Maybe he should enter it for an Archival Award at the next BCA meet?

Pete Phillips</div></div>

Don't forget the '59 Caddy tailights...

Say Zonda, The 57 Dodge pickup has 3 on the tree! I'll just have to let you try it someday when I get it together.

Say fellers, Is that original Buick blue smoke comming out of the exhaust???

If it was only a rag top.......... smile.gif Dave!

Guest imported_JPIndusi

This is one of the funniest posts ever, especially Petes litany of original features!

Those 59 Cadillac taillights are hideous. The originals look really great.

I will never understand what the appeal is to these drastically modified cars.

Guest imported_Thriller

The positive about this car is that it *appears* that if one wanted to, it could be driven and returned to an unmodified state without too much pain. Of course, paint, and chroming bumpers would cost money, but what doesn't.

Ah well, to each his own.