" Car 54 where are you "

Rooster

Hello, Irene here. Once upon a time I was a bad girl, out on the town with my Gal Pals. When I finally got home in the wee hours of the morning my owner Mr.Earl said enough was enough. " You have been a bad girl and you need punishment ! "

So he decided I had to go , Down Under to the Colonies that is. A man was interested in taking me off his hands he said to me. Oh well I thought , I'm sick of being pushed right back into the garage with all those spiders anyway so I'm up for a good time wherever.

Mr. Earl got all my papers in order and said to me a truck was coming to pick me up any day now. But after nearly four weeks I thought I had got a reprieve, but alas no.

Mr. Earl drove me down to the shops to meet a truck driver.

He was late and both Mr.Earl and me were getting tired and grumpy. When he did get there I heard Mr.Earl talking to the truck driver who was shaking his head. Mr Earl was too.

Then we drove home ? What's this I thought. Another reprieve ? Mr Earl was not happy and when the new man rang from Down Under , well he was not happy either.

So I sat there in the garage painting my toe nails and combing my hair for another two weeks.

Then Mr Earl runs in and says " C'mon Irene, get yourself together this time we are off and there's no turning back for you"

So he drove me down to the shops again to meet another truck driver who jumps in and drives me onto his truck and ties me down. I've been tied down before, but not like this !

Mr. Earl is finally glad to see me go, but I reckon I saw a tear in his eye. Poor man I thought.

Anyway I'm off and Mr. Earl follows the truck to make sure I don't fall off. I ride on that truck for a long ,long way until I see a big sign that says Long Beach California.

Here the man drives me off and backs me into a big metal coffin. I'm not gonna like this I thought.

I heard a man say we are off to China then Australia.

Wow , I've never been to China , or Australia. So I spend the next two months cramped up in this metal coffin and boy did it get hot a lot. When the coffin finally stopped moving ,all of a sudden there was a burst of sunlight and I could see bright blue skies. A man walks in and nearly cries when he sees one of the pine poles supporting me up has snapped and fallen on to his nice E Type Jaguar. Oh well I thought, it's not my fault. Why would anybody put a Jaguar underneath me , Irene 1954 Roadmaster. I've got more pride than that! Well I thought,I can be a bit of a Jaguar myself sometimes, wink wink nudge nudge. When the nice men finally carefully get me out, I look over and see a man and a lady looking at me and smiling. I wonder if this is the man Mr Earl has told me about, I'm sure it was after he walked over and gave me a big smile. I spent some time in this big shed while men looked me all over, even getting underneath me and looking up my dress. The nerve I thought. One of them said " No " to my new man so I had to go and get all hosed down underneath. I felt invaded like I was some dirty girl.

The new man then drove me home but I was still a bit sea sick and did not like it. But when we got to his house he quickly got out the shampoo and gave me a wash all over. Now he knows how to treat a girl!

Right then I was happy again, he even gave me a big kiss.

He also said he was going to buy me two new pairs of shoes, one for each foot.

I think I'm going to like it here.

Ta Ta from Irene. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

post-41457-14313795669_thumb.jpg

post-41457-143137956693_thumb.jpg

post-41457-143137956708_thumb.jpg

post-41457-143137956714_thumb.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">WoooWooo woooooooooo.</span> whistle.gif <span style="color: #6600CC">One sexy 54 Roadmaster! I'd sure like to come and tour down under someday when I get <span style="color: #009900">$RICH$</span> enough to ship the 15 over and back. I here tell the woman in the land down under are fine too!</span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Good luck with er mate!</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Happy Trails from the States, Dave!</span>

Irene looks fabulous in her splendor. One thing, Irene has the chance to celebrate another summer season down under. Good luck with your new Irene.

Lamar, I know you must be shedding a tear or two but we must all suffer the empty nest syndrome some time or another.

Stevo

Guest imported_Thriller

Now, Irene, I guess you aren't one to kiss and tell, but the photos say a lot...hope you didn't get any of Mr. Earl's cooties kissing her in the same spot wink.gif

Ah, Lamar is just saving up for something like this. He said I should buy it to hold it for him, but he never got back to me about his shipping and storage fees wink.gifgrin.gif

Great story.

Guest imported_MrEarl

IRENE!!! I miss you baby!!! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Derek, I believe what I meant was, you buy it I'll bring it the farm and store it for you 'til you win the lottery and can build you a 2 acre garage to hold all your cars. If you don't win the lottery within a few months, THEN I'll let you know what shippin and storage is due.

More later, I can't hold back the tears. But yea that rag top sure would ease the pain....

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IRENE!!! I miss you baby!!! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Derek, I believe what I meant was, you buy it I'll bring it the farm and store it for you 'til you win the lottery and can build you a 2 acre garage to hold all your cars. If you don't win the lottery within a few months, THEN I'll let you know what shippin and storage is due.

More later, I can't hold back the tears. But yea that rag top sure would ease the pain.... </div></div>

Ah...chuckle. Well, considering I married new money, and have a federal government job with ludicrous pay and benefits, I do have a little gold mine...with the mortgage on the house going away next spring, I fully expect to have my storage building within 2-3 years. You have my address if you wish to talk more fully...then again, that Roadie would set back the finances a bit.

Good Night Irene just came into my head...need music outside my head to change the inner tune now.

Guest ZondaC12

*GASP* Oh no!!!! I LOVE that thing. The color scheme is just gorgeous. Good thing she's still on the forum!!! Sounds like we'll still be seeing her around struttin' cool.gif