'54 Special Trunk Boards

Fr. Buick

Hi, all, hope you can confrm my suspicion...

I am restoring my '54 Special, and just recently found Class-Tech-Cars on Ebay, advertising a trunk-board kit for '55-'57 Buick 40/60 sedans and hardtops. You know, the card-board that covers the sides and back of the trunk.

Now, if it works on a '55, will it not be identical to a '54 as well?

If anyone has purchased their product, I would be grateful to hear your impressions.

Thanks, and happy wrenching,

Doug Cook

I sent in my originals to Tim at www.quietridesolutions.com. He made some for me in plastic. Quiet Ride is the company that does the firewalls for Cars Inc. I then sprayed them in a tan color. I know it isn't the way they came from the factory, but, they are plastic so any moisture in the trunk won't cause them to warp. I did this with my package tray, too. So, if you want a package tray or trunk "cardboard" in plastic (for a sedan), check him out. He may have hardtop/conv. patterns for the trunk as well. If you go to him, tell him I sent you there and that you saw it on the Buick Forum. I told him I would spread the word when I had it done.

Mike

The kit for my 55 was heavy die cut card board in a medium brown. All holes were die cut and folds were pre scored/embossed. The fit and finish was excellant. Very unusual for reprojunk. But most of what Fusick sells is well above standard quality.......Bob

Any large city should have an uphostery distributor. If you cannot locate in yellow pages call a friendly local uphostery shop and ask where they buy or see if they will order for you. In my area in use J F Hagan in San Antonio, TX.

They supply 2 kinds of card board: exterior cardboard used for door panels (very hard to work with and is water resistant) and interior cardboard that I have used for kick panels, package shelf and trunk.

Willie

:), I'm in the UK and I tried that one.. called around even and the best I can get hold of over the counter and easy is 2mm (that's about 1/10") and thats soft one and not for door panels.

What I'm lurking for is a good whole sale supplier in the US since I can as well order quite a few boards.

Cheers Dyna