Folks have you seen this ?

padgett

Guest EDBS0

Interesting...on superficial reading there appears to be a theme <B>"stick and sediment!!!"</B><P>This is why I have always been a strong supporter of regular transmission fluid flush/replacements with fresh filters and synthetic transmission fluid if you can afford it. This is particularly applicable to the newer electronic transmissions (which are not in the Reatta) but still do it.<P>What part of ...fluid and filter $60 rebuilt transmission $2,800 don't you understand?<P>Also install a <B>transmission cooler!!!</B><P> <I>Very seriously if you plan on keeping your Reatta for as long as I plan on keeping mine INSTALL A </I> <B>"HUGE" </B><I>transmission Kooler!!!</I><P>Just my rant de jour, Robert

Geez, looks like a person could disassemble and rebuild the whole car with all those manuals. I'm bookmarking it wink.gif" border="0<BR>Do you think I should put a tranny cooler on? grin.gif" border="0

Padgett, you are OK... that is a great find.<BR>Now all we need is a link to the GM service information that tells us everything that was done to a car under warranty.<P>When a guy in Canada adds a transmission cooler you got to think he is crazy or extremely smart.<P>If you consider the transmission fluid is sent to a 200 degree radiator to COOL it, then it must run pretty warm.<P>A Hydramatic engineer told me once that the cooler, the better. I totally bypass the radiator and run a very large towing cooler on everything I own.<BR>This is OK in warm climates but you should run the fluid through the radiator and cooler in cold climates to warm the fluid on those sub-zero days.<P>Dale, you qualify as warm climate and yes you should have already added an auxillary cooler.<p>[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Barney Eaton ]

Guest EDBS0

We have the technology.<P>The B&M transmission cooler that I use 24,000GVW has an automatic by-pass valve that in cold weather diverts the ATF from the cooler right back to the transmission.<P>I run the ATF through the rad first, I have heard that this provides an extra 10% cooling. <P>We also have 100 degree days here occasionally. Also under WOT extra protection is required. So a $50 DIY versus $2,800 rebuild confused.gif" border="0 didn't take me too long to decide.<P>Klasicfan ... Yes <a href="http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=26568&prmenbr=76"> read about my cooler here. </a><p>[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects ]

Padget, I bow to your greatness. This makes my part time job so much easier. Is this a dealer web page that you found? How did you find it! If only every manufacturer did this.<p>[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Chuck da Machinist ]

• 9 months later...
Guest Copper81

I am also having trouble accessing the web site mentioned above. When I try to open it, I see a "username" of "si2kam20" and then a prompt for a password and I have no idea what to enter there. I tried a few typical passwords but no luck. Any suggestions? It sure seems useful based on those who have figured out how to break the code and get into the site. Anyway, thanks in advance for the fantastic help that ya'll always provide.

• 2 weeks later...