What is your gas mileage?

ronvb

I have seen many Reatta owners complaining of bad gas mileage. My 90 gets good mileage- about 22-27 miles per gallon on regular fuel.<BR>The car has 86k original miles.<P>New thread: What year is your Reatta? How many miles on the odometer? What is your recorded gas mileage?<BR>ronvb grin.gif" border="0

I have a 1990 Reatta with 51,000 original miles and I get around 18 to 20 mpg driving to and from work (all city driving). We have only owned this Reatta since November and have not taken any trips with it. So I don't know what it will get on the highway.<BR>Our first Reatta (a 1990 purchased new), got high teens to low twenties in town and high twenties to low thirties on the highway. After I switched to Mobil 1 oil, the highway mileage went up to mid thirties. We owned that car for 3 years and put 60,000 miles on it. Great car, never gave us any trouble (other than a water pump at 36,250 miles!).<BR>So far, the one we have now seems just as good.

<B>26.56 MPG</B> Dallas to Ottawa set cruse control at 78 mph White 89 130,000 miles<P><B>505 Miles</B> longest distance on ONE tank of gas Ottawa to Atlantic City Blue 180,000 miles<P>Robert<p>[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects ]

1990 coupe, all Chicago rush hour traffic. 76,000 on the clock and I get about 14mpg. This spring I am going to check for vacuum leaks because it also idles rough. Also thinking of going to a podiatrist to get some of the lead taken out of my right foot grin.gif" border="0

Ive got a 89 111,000k and runs great but gets round 14-15 both in town and highway. frown.gif" border="0 which is the only thing i cannot stand about this car I love it but just need better mpg frown.gif" border="0

Guest wally888

I've had 4. All about the same as Buick Mike.<BR> Had one that would get 32mpg diving about 60 but I only did that once and only for 30 miles!

I have a '90 coupe with about 87,000 miles on it. I get around 22 MPG around town and averaged 32 MPG on a recent cross country trip (Chicago to Seattle). I use regular gas but I found the regular here in the Northwest seems to burn better than the regular (Oxygenated ???)in the Midwest. The further from Chicago I got, the better it ran.<P>Greg

90 Coupe with 60,000 miles. Have gotten between 27 to 30 on 1600 mile trips. Around town is about 20. Recent trip was a little lower, may be time to change the original wires. Ol'Yeller when you have an unusual case, e.g. your increasing gas mileage Barney suggests that you sign the title over to him and send the car to be analyzed. Barney do I get a commission. <P>Ray grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

I have an '88 with 171460 today and the most i have been able to get is 18.0,,but then I am a Realtor and its MY daily driver I would not have anything but a Reatta smile.gif" border="0

Guest llaramie

I purchased my 91 Reatta coupe 3 1/2 years ago with 17,500 miles on the odometer, and now have 37,000 miles on the car. My Reatta will get 13 mpg going to-and-fro from work, and 18 mpg on the highway. I also have a lead foot; I have replaced the oxygen sensor to no avail.<P>[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: llaramie ]<p>[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: llaramie ]

My '89 has been all over the place in the four plus years of ownership. As low as 10.5 during second year (winter months, around town) and as high as 26.4 summer time trip- highway driving). After the 10.4 episode, I knew something was wrong and changed the oxygen sensor which really helped. Raised it back up to 16-18 around town. It's back down again to about 14 so I will change the sensor again in the spring. Also changed to sinthetic oil after reading feedback on this sight. Thanks. Don't know that it made a significant difference (except in my pocket book) but I'm more comfortable with the idea of no viscosity break down. Also, in general I think it's a good idea to regularly check tire pressure. I've found that it can make a big difference in ride and gas milage in any vehicle and it is something that alot of the world never does on a regular basis.

Mileage is not the number showing in the CRT, they are notoriously inaccurate.<P>Mileage is distance traveled divided by gallons of fuel used.<P>Best calculated from full tank to full tank.

Hi everybody, Hi Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects, I do have a question regarding the CRT mpg accuracy for you. smile.gif" border="0 <BR>When you say the CRT is not accurate, is the gas mileage understated or overstated? And how far over or under the actual gas mileage does one actually get compared to the CRT's reading?<BR>I know on my parents' Dodge Grand Caravan, the trip computer on it has actually underestimated the gas mileage, so if it was reading say 25-26 mpg, it would actually be getting more like 27mpg, or more.<BR> On my '89 Riv, for instance, the highest reading according to my Dad, who drove it one day, the CRT display peaked at a little over 30mpg, and by the time he got home, it was approximately 29.7 mpg.<BR> I guess I'll have to check manually for the real results, but since you mentioned that about the CRT mileage vs. actual mileage, I thought I'd ask. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Finally! Another Washington Reatta'er (not that other warshington back east either...)<P>Ol Yeller, What color is your car? I drive a white 88 with a factory sunroof.<P>-----------------<P>I get around 18 MPG with a city / highway mix. I have found the CRT value to be suprizingly accurate though (within 1/2 MPG) if I dont let it accumulate over more than a couple of tankfulls.<P>I would really like to know how to get 30 MPG (short of banning my wife from driving)

Puget 88er, My '90 coupe is Burgundy. There is a picture of it on the Reatta BCA website. I live in Federal Way so you're not too far away. I know of a few Reattas in the great Northwest, a Maui Blue 90 or 91 coupe with around 45K that will be up for sale soon. Don't know much else about it except for who the owner is and that it was hit and repaired . I know of another Maui blue coupe that belongs to a North Puget Sound Chapter BCA member and a white convertible that showed up for our All Buick Open car show in Puyallup last June. We are holding our next car show on June 22nd in Puyallup. Email me at powersfam@qwest.net if you want details. My Reatta is in storage in Puyallup and I won't be able to get to it until April so you probably haven't seen me driving it around. As to the mileage, I tracked it over 4 0r 5 tankfuls (can't remember)between Chicago and Seattle via I90 last May. It was cruise control most all the way at 65-75 MPH. I averaged 800 miles a day so it was pretty much long days in a well warmed up car. I was able to go 800 miles a day because I was alone. The wife would have cut into available travel time considerably. I had no luggage other than a small bag, so there was no extra weight. I had bad struts and I didn't want to get going too fast. The car drove like a rock but now that I fixed all the little problems I love driving it. The biggest problem is that it only has 87K on it and I like driving it so much, I'm afraid I'll wear it out and be unable to replace it. I also know of a Reatta in a wrecking yard a few months ago. Drop me a line, I'd love to exchange information.<P>Greg

Keep in mind that the original 88's did not calculate MPG properly - was anywhere from 10% to 25% low. Factory issued a TSB to change the PROM from the ANBM to the ANCX - see past notes on how to check and the part numbers (in DC again).<P>Since the change, my readings seem right on with the pump.

That's interesting! smile.gif" border="0 I'd have to say if the CRT's are off, it's better, I guess, to be a little understated than to be overstated.<BR>At least then you can be especially glad when you get such good gas mileage, as the 3800 engines are known for. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0 <BR>That's especially good to know. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0