Leak in front of radiator finned cooling pipe

Terri90

I have a 90 Reatta. It is leaking water from the finned cooling pipe. The part is all rusted. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement and is it difficult to install? There is picture on page 3B-3 of the 1990 service manual.

This cooler seldom goes bad, so you could probably find one on a Riviera in a junk yard (more Rivieras than Reattas) You could probably find a small transmission cooler or PS cooler from another make of car.

Sure, next time someone wants some bell cranks I will tell them to buy new ones instead of your reproductions. smile.gif Of course they will have to pay about 5 times more for new GM ones.

I see your post was very close in time and you were probably composing while I was posting.

Actually these coolers do go bad quite often especially in northern climates because they are right out front and have very little paint on them. The salt in winter gets them pretty fast. I would estimate about 70% of the coolers on the parts cars I have had have been rusted to the point I would not want to resell them. I do have some nice ones though and they are not available anymore from GM.

Guest imported_dantm4

Mine went bad and I just replaced it with some copper tubing I got from pepboys. I think the response to a similar cry for help was along the lines of - if you're not doing some serious snowdrift escaping, you probably don't even need it. I would suggest it at least as a temporary replacement, and who knows maybe by doing that I've doomed something else to failure as I"m not an expert by any means, but it's worked so far.

-Dan

90' Black/Tan Coupe

I hope Jim was joking........otherwise, I will shut the door down here that lets summer come to Minnisota and it will be winter all year and he cannot remove parts from any of his cars. He will also be forced to spend all year inside watching TV

Last week it never got above 65 degrees so maybe Barney was giving me a sampling. We have that stupid Lake Superior and when the wind is out of the east it can be 90 all around here and 55 degrees and foggy in Duluth.

Hey------television isn't so bad, I can catch up on reruns of Walker Texas Ranger. Not only that, in every bar in the area on any night of the week you can find a free game of Texas Holdem. It's free to play but you can win "bar bucks" and sometimes cash. I have been playing too much lately and recently after taking two first,two seconds and a third in 7 times I was thinking of giving up my day job, selling Reatta parts, and becoming a professional poker player. If the heat gets shut off watch for my face on the WPT or PPT on the tube.