1972 Buick Riviera For Sale, Paris KY

Margaret McCoy

It's functionality became mute in 72 since the flow-thru ventilation system was changed, it would make no difference in ventilation function on a 72.  I have never heard of one 72 or 73 GM owner that wanted to change their trunk lids to the 71 vented style,  The lid was not a popular feature when new and many caused issues with leaking.  Looks like a lovely car, but keep to the facts of the car and forget the nonsense.  Are there other pictures posted somewhere or do we go off of this one?  

I was referred to this forum for this particular car, by a member of a Facebook group for Riviera owners & enthusiasts. 

I apologize for any "nonsense". I was stating facts. Never my intention to fluff a car, it is what it is. Integrity and honesty. Again, I apologize. 

I do have this car listed on Classic Cars . com , on a website, and in several Facebook groups for Buicks, & for classic cars. 

I would be happy to send you the links via email. Or if allowed, I will post them here. 

I could only upload the one picture here. I apologize for offending you in any way, or frustrating you. :(

• Thanks 1

I have seen several 72s over the years where the owner installed a 71 trunk lid for the louvered look. Even on the Electras. Easy to understand why. Factory Louvers are just cool. I see the car has desirable buckets and floor console.

• Like 1

It's more often than not collision repair where they got parts off a 71.  Remembering them well when new and in the used car market, they were hated (not just Riv, but across the entire GM lineup) .  I can see guys doing customs liking them, but that's another group.  Pretty car  and you don't see many white ones at all.

Margaret, 

There is a forum dedicated to Riviera Owners farther down the list of forums from where it is now posted.  You might also want to post your ad there as well.  Ignore the attitudes of some of the purists, for some reason there are always a couple of guys who have a need to show off their "expertise" and make sure that others know it. Jason is correct, the car is nice. Posting a lot of pictures and few facts, like mileage and a history of ownership and maintenance, will go a long ways toward the car selling itself. The guys on the ROA forum are very educated and knowledgeable about all years of Rivieras.  For example, the 455 4bbl engine, power steering, and power brakes are all standard equipment on all Rivieras.   One of the biggest assets would be to figure out what options the car has and list them along with the pictures. 

In my signature block is a link to the  Riviera Owners website.  Look for the Evolution of the Riviera link and find the link to 1972. See if you can identify some options and facts and post them.  As Jack Webb used to say "Just the facts, ma'am."

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)