Complete ‘53 Olds w A/C

Dan Marx

Since it's in a parts yard.  You could pay the guy the going rate for scrap.  Get it home, Strip it of all the good parts, then take the rotted shell to a scrap yard and re-coop some money. Then start cleaning parts and make them look good and start selling them.  You could make a bunch of dollars.  I have a friend that does it with old toyota truck parts.  Sells the stuff on Ebay and makes good money.  Good winter hobby if you live where it snows. :)

Edited by Laughing Coyote (see edit history)

Helped a neighbor scrap a mid 50's Pontiac in that condition with AC when I was a young un. It broke in half when it was picked off of the trailer with a loader and loaded in the grinder. That was about 40 years ago. Think about it every time I see one of these posts. Dandy Dave!  

13 hours ago, CarlLaFong said:

That car needs to be saved. The air cleaner, alone, is worth big bux. All that factory air stuff has to be made of unobtainium. I'd be there tomorrow with a tool box and a wheelbarrow if it was near me

11 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Helped a neighbor scrap a mid 50's Pontiac in that condition with AC when I was a young un. It broke in half when it was picked off of the trailer with a loader and loaded in the grinder. That was about 40 years ago. Think about it every time I see one of these posts. Dandy Dave!  

Edited by Dan Marx (see edit history)

Dan, are there other older cars at Tim's Auto Parts?  If so, would you mind adding the junkyard's contact information to the "Junkyards" category here at the Forum, so that others can learn about it?  If possible, you could mention a few of the cars that you saw at this place.  That way, this information will be easily accessible to everyone who might need parts for their restoration.  http://forums.aaca.org/forum/153-junkyards/