Made the big change. Brake parts and never used Accumulator for sale.

Thanks to great instructions from Hemi. I made the switch to a standard brake system. This has left me with some items other may want or need.

First before o found out the pump was bad on the system I ordered a new stock accumulator. This was last year. It was never put on and has sat on my work bench. 20180727_181908.thumb.jpg.99c18c5d938ddc783a04fb5ab351516f.jpg

Also have the old brake system. Think the pump went. Not sure was just over the battle. Hard pedal. Not sure what of it has use but surely don't need it. That accumulator was new 4 years ago.20180727_182331.thumb.jpg.11029204ef9e65827a571732397ae47c.jpg

Shout out if your are interested. Have not thought much about value. But am open to offers.

Scott

20180727_181908.thumb.jpg.99c18c5d938ddc783a04fb5ab351516f.jpg

Might be interested....I have two TCs that just went hard-pedal on me... :(  Trying to get myself educated on the causes/fixes . One had a blown fuse, the the other was  fine....so it looks like two battles?!?! lol PM me with details on what you are looking for $$ :D thanks

MB

What are the details regarding the acquisition of a "standard brake system"?  What brand, what sources, are component part numbers required, etc. ,  any estimated cost info would be appreciated.  I'm having brake problems also. My tc is 89, 4 cyl, SOHC.

11 hours ago, no1parfive said:

What are the details regarding the acquisition of a "standard brake system"?  What brand, what sources, are component part numbers required, etc. ,  any estimated cost info would be appreciated.  I'm having brake problems also. My tc is 89, 4 cyl, SOHC.

See our ABS replacement article 

15 hours ago, Mad_Bohemian said:

Kinda leaning in that direction....

You could at least benefit from the purchase of the accumulator, the pump may also be a good investment, depending on the price.

Question, what component in the brake system would be the most likely cause of the "hard brake" condition or is it a situation where the failure of any one of the components are equally subjected to failure?  Also, what other vehicles besides the 89 Lebaron that have a brake system that will fit the 89 TC?

The accumulator is the typical cause of a hard pedal, however, if the system isn't working due to any failure of the pressure side, it will result in a hard pedal.

ANY K-derived Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth brake parts can be used. The most desirable (and the best option for the TC) is the 11" vented brakes found on '89-'93 high performance cars. Hemi has a VERY good write-up on the conversion on All-Par.

Would like to acquire an accumulator if someone has one available, or know where I can obtain one.  I will be doing an online search but from what I've heard they are very hard to find, if at all.  Want to try to repair my system before trying to replace it.

After some thought. I would like $150.00 plus shipping if you take both. $100.00 plus shipping for just the unused accumulator and $50.00 plus shipping for just the older unit. See original post for what I know about condition and age of both. Questions and/or comments are welcome as I'm unsure if the true value. Thanks,Scott

• 3 weeks later...

"Hemi Dude....here some pics of the switch."  

Looks good. I would have painted the booster before installing it. Rust develops on the surface and doesn't look good.

Bill Reichert: It appears that he has installed a NEW master cylinder.  I would not risk my TC with a rebuilt one. 

42 minutes ago, Hemi Dude said:

"Hemi Dude....here some pics of the switch."  

Looks good. I would have painted the booster before installing it. Rust develops on the surface and doesn't look good.

Bill Reichert: It appears that he has installed a NEW master cylinder.  I would not risk my TC with a rebuilt one. 

That is what I was thinking!

• 2 years later...

Paul this is posted on the bottom of a 3 year old thread so most will not be looking at it. Start a NEW thread in this forum and you will get some notice. Hemi Dude almost always responds and is very savvy about these cars. Or send him a private message