Cadillac Emblem

Not any dash rail I can find. Here's a story about the crest

Original Cadillac emblem

The original Cadillac crest

The first automotive Cadillac emblem featured the following design elements:

• The Couronne (Crown): The six ancient counts of France, with the pearls being descendancy from the royal counts of Tolouse.
  • The Merlettes: Commonly known as “the ducks,” these birds appear in trios to symbolize the Holy Trinity, with three on one side representing the nobility of the mother’s lineage and the others representing the father’s noble lineage. The use of the birds comes from the time of the Crusades.
  • Color Stripes: Black (superiority), gold (riches), red (boldness), silver (virtue), and blue (valor). The black stripe itself is indicative of an award for Crusader service.
  • The Laurel Wreath: A symbol of aristocracy and victory.

9 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

This type of emblem was used on the dash in 1930-31 plus also on the engine spark plug cover screws in the V-12 and V-16.

cad979e.jpg

I have been wrong before but I think that dash crest should be red as black meant it would be a model 353 V8 and also the header should read model 452. The gear shifter knob should be a tan colour not black.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

I dug these four different small Cadillac emblems out of my collection the other day. Different styles and attachments, one with all nickel plating, one with both gold and nickel, one all gold. All the enamel ones have a black background, have never seen one of these with a red or blue background. I don't have a clue about year or application but would be interested to find out.

DSCF2521.JPG

DSCF2524.JPG

Interesting that the original one posted has a flat back and the third one from the left in the second group has a concave back, but the same attachments.