transmission bucks when starting out

gregchrysler

Hello again   I have a 49 Chrysler royal woodie  and i had it at the transmission shop for 5 months and now that it's nice out I am taking it out for a ride and it bucks like in 4 wheel drive and your turning the steering wheel   Anybody know what could cause this?  could it be the solenoid kicking in?  Also for sale if interested.  Thanks

IMG_20180420_135144_030.jpg

Did the transmission shop do any work? Did they charge you? If so take it back and have them fix it right or give you back your money.

If they made your car buck like a 4 wheel drive when you turn the steering wheel they must have rare talent. I didn't even know that was possible. Or what it means.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 9:00 PM, Spinneyhill said:

What does that mean? It is outside my experience.

Is the clutch slipping and grabbing?

Which transmission?

It's hard to imagine that it is the transmission.  Sounds more like the front tire is grabbing the frame or steering linkage on the turn.  

It sounds to me like he is saying his car feels like a 4 wheel drive on dry pavement. When turning a 4wd on dry pavement the differentials will sometimes grab and pop lose causing a very jerky motion until you get it 2wd.

I think he is saying this is happening when he starts out normally without turning.

Dave

Impossible to tell what the trouble is from this description.

Can you take a long video of the car doing its stuff? If one picture is worth a thousand words, one video is worth a thousand pictures.

Start the engine, let it warm up, then try and take off, recording the whole thing. Then show us what it is doing.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)