New to me 61 Invicta 2dr hrdtp

s_hilmoe

I picked up a '61 Invicta bubble top this weekend from the Portland PIR Swap Meet. I had a convertible in college many years ago and have always missed it. Almost any 61 GM car is beautiful but I really have a fondness for the Buick. Car appears to be last drive about 2003/4 in Seattle. Runs good except for a slight lifter noise. (I'll have to check that out). Minor minor rust showing from some old repairs will have to be fixed too.  This one will stay stock except for maybe period aftermarket wheels if I can find some that look nice with it. The optional Invicta hubcaps looks pretty nice too.

What are some good places to find parts for this car?  Cars is the only one I have found so far. I use Bob's for my older stuff. Does anyone do reproduction upholstery for this vintage? At least it shares many weatherstripping  items with the Chevy, I have some on the way.

So far I have driven it around the block a couple times (Still need to register it). I love how smooth these cars are.

20180407_142838_001.jpg

20180407_142933.jpg

20180407_142928.jpg

20180407_125028.jpg

Edited by s_hilmoe (see edit history)
  • Like 11

15 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Nice, it is the one that was recently on ebay and Craigslist, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Buick-Invicta-Bubble-To-/192460025080?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=92i7N0rQnDFvIz1z9Tucbxv9iX0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It used to be owned by a BCA member up here in WA many, many years ago. 

That's the one! I got it for a better price. :-)

It needs a little work now but you can tell it was cared for in the past.

Guest alleyyooper

Beautiful car. if you take iot to shows bet you will bew like us and have the only one there. 

Isn't like the GS at all.

:D               Al

Guest alleyyooper

Don't over look JC whitney, I got a cruise control module from there for our Le Sabre. Cardio had door rubbers too. 

I have got a lot of stuff thru Auto Zone, get a vetrans discount there.

:D           Al

Thanks guys for the info about where to get stuff.  Right now the plan is to get water leaks fixed. The rear window seal has been neglected for far too long and has caused some rust inside. Door seals are not much better. At least they share the same seals as the Chevy so those items are easy to get. I'll get the critical things fixed on it and then drive it while I'm working on the '49 Roadmaster. After the '49 is done I plan on a ground up rebuild of the '61.

Great purchase!

Please consider joining the Buick Club of America. Also, I see Oregon plates on the vehicles in your photos.  If you live in the Portland metro area, please consider joining the Portland Area Chapter of the BCA.  The chapter website has membership information and a list of upcoming events.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...