1935 Buick model 58 for sale

tonyp

1935 buick model 58 119 in wheelbase.stored inside since at least the mid 60s.original color was black.somewhat restored in the 60s/70s.laquer paint has cracks/peeling.previous owner had installed new points/plugs and had the fuel pump rebuilt.runs off a small tank under the hood i have the original tank very decent looking gas tank but after a soak in apple cider vinegar developed some small pinholes on the drivers side.i drove it onto a trailer when i bought it and in and out of my garage when i was cleaning the floor pans.known missing parts are 1 rear side glass and roller shade,1 running board molding,door sill moldings,1 lower gas tank strap is broke at the threaded end,rr inner fender bracket interior was partially(mostly) redone yrs ago but not installed.floor pans were removed/cleaned rustmort treated/primed/painted only rust repair i found was the very underside of the bottom lip of rockers where they meet the running boards.there is a small area of rust at the lip of the trunk rain gutter on the pass side. runningboards are solid fenders have some bondo and a few brazed cracks but are solid.rear skirt of car arrow straight.bumpers most likely rechromed at some point still very presentable.tail lights and hood ornament are very nice structural wood very nice shape.interior handles/escutcheons rechromed.tires hold air/are not cracked with very little if any tread wear. great candidate for resto/streetrod.paint missing at the wiper holes/ along the frontline of the roof canvas edge and by the drivers side rear glass is where someone had used duct tape when transporting. the primer remains.the headlight buckets have some hood dents at the back not terrible but they are there.someone drilled out the ign keyhole at some point. has a nice and so far as i know correct buick heater.nice set of trippe lights included.it hadnt been started in a couple of years but i just put a brand new battery in the car and it starts/runs/sounds good.,$ 14500 931 433 5593

IMG_0425[1].JPG

IMG_0421[1].JPG

IMG_0415[2].JPG

IMG_0423[1].JPG

IMG_0414[1].JPG

IMG_0417[2].JPG

35btr.jpg

35buick11.jpg

35buick7.jpg

35buick6.jpg

4 hours ago, suchan said:

A nice and desirable car that was the victim of some shoddy restoration work by a previous owner. It'd be a pity to see it rodded.

I wouldn't necessarily blame the restoration for being shotty.  I have painted cars in my driveway for people and done everything you weren't suppose to do on a crappy day. Mind you not whole cars but partial.  The work and paint stayed and looked wonderful until the car finally met it's end in a junkyard.  (These were daily drivers in the Northeast, used year round)  I have bought the best materials and done everything just right to make sure my work would last on some of my own projects,  including blasting everything to bare metal using epoxy and etching primers, etc,  then had the paint fail and often fail badly.  It almost seems like for longevity,  painting is like rolling the dice.  you never know what's going to happen or how it's all going to react down the road.   Of course it usually looks good for the first year or two.  That's why I love cars with old paint jobs.  If it hasn't failed in 20 years,  it probably isn't going t tin my care.

This is a very attractive looking car.  I wish my Dad hadn't blown his money, he could have bought this one and been quite happy with it. 

• Like 1

hi.location is fayetteville tn 25 mi north of huntsville al.i've had it 4 or 5 years.i told my wife i'd sell it if i bought the caddy sittin next to it.that was  over 3 yrs ago.a very good lookin design.if i look at it too long i change my mind about selling it  but we downsized last yr and lost 1000 sq ft of house and over 120 sq ft of garage space so one car needs to go if i dont get a close offer may offer the caddy for sale

Tonyp, when I posted a question this morning about your locality, I also intended to mention that anyone reading your post would have to appreciate your thoroughness in describing your car.  That's a nice change from all the offerings out there containing so little information as to raise concerns about what's being left out. Your approach makes it far easier for a prospective buyer to trust the seller.  Nice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi jim,not sure if you called but my no. is 931 433 5593 here are more photos.i re-installed the hidden rear window shade so it wouldnt be a puzzle for one to figure out.the car backed up the drive smoothly and with ease.i have been contacted by someone with most if not all of the few parts it is missing.i have had a few inquiries as to my bottom dollar.$13000 take it or leave it price.thanks for your interest,tony

IMG_0665[1].JPG

IMG_0668[1].JPG

IMG_0671[1].JPG

IMG_0802[1].JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprising it took so long to move.  Looked like a good car for the money.  Maybe there are just too many cars on the market in that price range so it takes buyers a while to finally weed out what they really want or the good ones from the bad. 

Glad to see it's not headed for a small block transplant. 

Thanks Tony,     I enjoyed the visit,  looking forward to getting the “Vicky” to its new home.    It took a.while to get things arranged and it was nice to do a. “hands on” inspection and the drive around your area so I could listen and see how it run’s.  I’ll get you the detailson the “pick up” when I get back from Mayo.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Anyone heard from Jim lately? I sold him this car and was somewhat following his progress but haven't seen anything in a while. I've sent him a few emails with no reply. Hope all is well