What is it?

nick8086

Agree it is a battery hold-down, but seems to be made of plastic or plastic-coated metal, which means modern to me.

Silly of the eBay seller not have have included its dimensions.

I'm guessing it's from a boat of some kind, based on the angles of the tab at the end of the mounting bracket.

16 hours ago, gwells said:

Agree it is a battery hold-down, but seems to be made of plastic or plastic-coated metal, which means modern to me.

Silly of the eBay seller not have have included its dimensions.

I'm guessing it's from a boat of some kind, based on the angles of the tab at the end of the mounting bracket.

It is 15 inches by 7 inches..

It is 100% plastic..

Here is one for you, gwells..

What car?

IMG_5587.JPG

On 12/2/2017 at 4:52 AM, gwells said:

But there are some clues here... 6v battery and the car looks to have a fiberglass body, so my stab in the dark is early Corvette or perhaps a Kaiser-Darrin?

The other car..  I like this set up.. I just started to get rid of dads stuff. I hate to put stuff in the trash..

At some time you just have to get rid of it.

IMG_5588.JPG

• Like 1

You obviously have never been to a KFOCI meet where Darrins are judged to be nearly 200 points, 'cause those proud current owners of often multiple owner cars are driven to search out to find NOS, as well as excellent reproduction parts, to restore their cars to near production quality.  Happens everyday in private garages and restoration shops all over the world.

Join the KFOCI and hang around those cars and listen to owners stories. 

NB  this happens in all car marques  from 1900s to today – have you not seen Jay Leno's Garage?

PS: A little elbow grease goes a long way!!

PPS: You have stated in previous posts that your wife is dismayed by your spending on Darrin parts, so which way is it?

• 1 month later...