Check out this guys tat!

Chimera

5 hours ago, RoadShark said:

Definitely shows a commitment...

Commitment, three of us left the ship in Pearl Harbor one morning to get tattoos. When we got to Hotel Street the tattoo parlor was not open yet, but the bar across the street was.

I haven't made a commitment yet.

Bernie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buick built the 400 to conform to the GM stipulation that no intermediate sized cars would have an engine larger than 400 cubic inches.  Buick got away with calling the 401 a 400 for the intermediate line but when the did away with the nailhead and went to the 430 for the rest of the line, they had to do something to comply with the stipulation, hence the 400-4.  Pontiac had a 400 for its GTO, Chevy had its 396 for the Chevelle, and Olds had a 400 as well for its 442.  All of the Buick big blocks had the same stroke, the only difference between the 400, 430, and 455 is the diameter of the bore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Commitment, three of us left the ship in Pearl Harbor one morning to get tattoos. When we got to Hotel Street the tattoo parlor was not open yet, but the bar across the street was.

I haven't made a commitment yet.

Bernie

A commitment to the marque.  Tough to drive a Ford after that tat...

That guy should go back & have Ed's post inked in below the motor.....nothing says commitment like lots of words .......I should talk!  I smoked too much one day & had the  owners manual to my Samsung washer tattooed on my back. Then they recalled the washer for major defects!    sad!

I remember buying the cowboy continental suit that Marty Robbins sang about in the '60's..... in Hong Kong...... in verde green....... Yes, there was a language barrier. I can see a sailor with that tattoo and the valve covers reading:

别克400

Bernie