disc coupling pattern

kclark

42 minutes ago, Stude Light said:

Any suggestions on where I can get some new (not NOS) discs made up for a Light Six drive shaft? It takes a stack of three at each end.

Scott

I ordered the material from Restoration Stuff. I ordered it Sunday night and received it today (Wednesday).

https://www.restorationstuff.com/ecommerce/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=184&products_id=1426

2 hours ago, keninman said:

I reused the ones that were there. My guess is that to replace them you will have to drill your own holes for wire and pins.

I'll reuse the ones that I have but they are pretty nasty looking. I was going to see if I could find some shiny new ones to put in.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, kclark said:

I ordered the material from Restoration Stuff. I ordered it Sunday night and received it today (Wednesday).

https://www.restorationstuff.com/ecommerce/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=184&products_id=1426

The problem I have is cutting them out.  The only solution for me is a razor knife and a punch.  Not terrible to do one but doing six that way is a pain.  Any suggestions on someone that offers this service?  Thanks.

Scott

3 hours ago, Stude Light said:

The problem I have is cutting them out.  The only solution for me is a razor knife and a punch.  Not terrible to do one but doing six that way is a pain.  Any suggestions on someone that offers this service?  Thanks.

Scott

Scott,

I cut mine on my bandsaw. I made a template on my laser engraver with the size needed and I cut the inner hole and the 4 bolt holes. I then marked the outer size with my template and cut it on the bandsaw first. I then  placed the template on the circle again and marked the center hole and drilled it with a forstner bit (I cut my inner hole at 7/8"). I then marked and drilled the 4 bolt holes with a 1/4" brad point drill bit.

If anyone knows or can figure out the hole spacing and size (if it's different from mine), I don't mind lasering out a template for you to use.

Edited by kclark (see edit history)

I have access to a bandsaw and have the Forstner bits so that may work out.  I can probably use one of my current couplings as a template - they aren't too bad yet.  Thanks for the help.

Scott

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stude Light said:

I have access to a bandsaw and have the Forstner bits so that may work out.  I can probably use one of my current couplings as a template - they aren't too bad yet.  Thanks for the help.

Scott

I used hole saws and a drill press, they were easy peesy. 

5 hours ago, Aussi John 1 said:

I'm recently bought some fabric disc from Stephen Munts.

I don't know if he still has stock.

I have some stock coming from him as well. He is also making the baseplate for my steering lever assembly. I know I had to finalize my order pretty quickly so that he could freeze the assets of his business before he completed the sale. Once the sale was complete he was going to let his customers know who bought everything so they would not be without. From what I understand the new owner will also be making the baseplates, levers, and door handles taking over all of that from Steven.