GaryBudd

Carter BB-1 fuel leak

We set up on tuesday and there are more and more people who are hunting stuff before I even get close to setup, I would say you come on wednesday, saturday we pick up and head home, but if you are looking for parts wednesday, just my opinion. The foriegners are coming earlier and earlier as they spend huge bucks to cross the pond and they figured most good stuff is gone by friday and sat.

• Like 1

Gary,

Sorry to see that your bearing retainer failed. Check your thread about the clutch for some replacement options. As stated by others, Hershey is a great way to find what you need. Also try posting a want ad in the for sale forum. You'd be surprised what people have on their shelves. I may be able to take some pictures of my broken bearing retainer so you can see what it looks like out of the car.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, thehandleman said:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR NEED ANY PARTS???

I have a 29 DeSoto Model K. What parts do you have left? 

• Like 1

Thank you for the pictures.

I am also running a BB-1. The drip I'm told is the nature of the beast with the up-draft BB. I only have the drip when cold starting using only one small pump of the throttle and some choke.

Yes, the exhaust is directly under the leak / drip.

My family and friends get uncomfortable when they smell gas and see the gas vaporize on the hot exhaust.

I was also wondering what to do about the leak when my engine dust pans are painted and installed.

I've seen the pictures before and now it is a priority. Amazingly, I was talking about the re-circulation tube just 2 days ago.

Thank You, Again. (Might do this job today).

Bill H

• Like 1

Here is how my car is set up.  The drip tube passes through the pan and is offset from the exhaust. Please excuse the grime, it will be shined up once spring gets here.

20180213_161916.jpg

• Like 1