coachJC

Out from long team storage

On 8/3/2017 at 2:13 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

Do you live anywhere near Newcastle? There used to be a Case dealer on the main street that had a huge Case emblem that probably dated back to when your car was made. It was an eagle perched on a globe and it must have been 5 feet high. The last time I saw it must have been in the mid 1970s.

There was one of those on a corner of the town square in my little hometown.  The Case dealer was long gone but the eagle was still there - disappeared about the same time yours did.  I'd love to know what happened to it - probably scrapped.  Too bad - probably worth some bucks now.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:18 PM, coachJC said:

Out from long team storage

So...which team stored it, how long are they, and did they win?  Sorry, couldn't resist!  ;):D

Seriously, congratulations to seller and buyer - it's great to see this rare car find another good home.

• Like 1

Don-Glad to see the car has arrived safe and sound. I hope you get it running and are able to drive and enjoy the car as they are meant to be.

Bill- Yes that is my Dad's 33 Studebaker President Speedway.He has owned that car since 1963 and has no plans to sell it, just drive it as often as he can. A car show never goes by without the question of selling but

that car is my Dad's pride and joy ever since he first purchased it.

CHuDWah- I noticed the spelling error but was not able to go back and edit it after the fact for some reason or I would of. I got a good laugh at myself for that mistake as I work with a guy who

is a spelling and grammar perfectionist so I am usually very good at double checking everything before I send things out but that one got by me, LOL

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 1:13 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

Do you live anywhere near Newcastle? There used to be a Case dealer on the main street that had a huge Case emblem that probably dated back to when your car was made. It was an eagle perched on a globe and it must have been 5 feet high. The last time I saw it must have been in the mid 1970s.

A Case eagle on a globe is easily worth $8,000 on a BAD day.

I believe the last one sold for 12....... :blink:

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

Did someone say Newcastle. I am on the outskirt's of Newcastle. .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coachJC said:

Bill- Yes that is my Dad's 33 Studebaker President Speedway.He has owned that car since 1963 and has no plans to sell it, just drive it as often as he can. A car show never goes by without the question of selling but

that car is my Dad's pride and joy ever since he first purchased it.

I hope it remains in the family, and you're next in line for it.   RQ figures its the only one in Canada.

Craig

• Like 1

There were 2 large Case signs at Hershey this year both in the chocolate field at 2 different vendors. One had the Case eagle perched on the globe and stood about 6ft tall, the other looked to be a neon dealer sign that was 

about 7ft tall. Both were in very good shape and the neon sign was quite expensive asking $18.500. But where are you going to find another.

Jeff

• Like 1

Craig- I had lots of conversation in person and thru email with RQ about 10yrs ago when he was putting the article together in the Antique Studebaker Review about the 7( can't remember for sure) of the remaining 33 Studebaker 92 series cars. My dad always enjoyed going and visiting with him when he used to come to Hershey. Very Knowledge guy.

The plan is for the car to stay in the family

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

I know where that Cast eagle is. On a farm on the south end of Little Britain sitting in a drive shed. The fellow has his collection from farm to stock car memorabilia in the two buildings. His place was a stop we did on a Vintage tour last year. You can see the back half of it to the right in the picture. Going through old pictures I spotted it by chance Rusty. I have his name and number if you cannot live without it.

2015-08-22 lindsay vintade tour 005.JPG

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

Coach, glad to see the glee in the eyes of your boys while cleaning up the Case.  Reminds me of pictures me at that age, the beginning of a great life with old cars.  My father was a car guy too and taught me to drive on my 12th birthday, even tho I couldn't be licensed until 16.   By that time I had restored a motorcycle and build a custom car.  Good luck with your boys and their grandpa's cars.

• Like 1