El Camino-ish First Gen Rivis

NC1968Riviera

4 hours ago, steelman said:

Here is one I found a few years ago. Doesn't look too bad. I have also seen a picture of one with a 69-71 Dodge bed grafted on. Body lines lined up surprisingly well.

FS47.jpg

Roof and bed looks like late 60's elcamino. They even managed to make it a hard top. Incredible craftsmanship.

This car was at the 2005 ROA event entry in Eureaka Springs GS, AR.  I talked with the owner quite a bit about what went into the building of the car.  It is ALL 1963 Buick Riviera. The top was shortened and the front windows were cut to fit the new shortened top. The only thing that he didn't fabricate and came off a different car was the rear window. The car was built to tow his goose neck trailer  (there's a mount concealed in the bed directly over the 3rd member) that is used to haul his Model T Touring to different shows.  

Ed

• 3 months later...

I have some on an old computer.  The owner drove it to the ROA's International meet in Eureka Springs, AR in 2005.  The concept was to build a comfortable vehicle that would tow a fifth-wheel trailer.  The trailer was used to haul the owners restored Model T Fords to and from Model T events around the country.  If I'm lucky, I might be able to get that old computer to boot.

The workmanship on this RivCamino is first rate. The owner was a blast to talk with.  There is a removable plate in the bed that lies directly over the rear axle,  just under the plate is the connector for the fifth-wheel's goose neck.

PS - I didn't realize this was an older post. Sorry for the repetition.  

Edited by RivNut
Added the PS (see edit history)

On 7/11/2017 at 12:44 PM, NCRiviera said:

Check out the second picture of this Instagram posting of a first gen Riv somewhere in the Middle East. It looks like it has been modified to be "El Camino-ish"!

Classic arse Mr. Ooz?  I think I'd change that.

Bernie