gremlins

Pilgrim65

Not superstitious, but think there's a naughty gremlin who's taken a fancy to my car

while back Uk a friend rang me and told me my front offside tyre was flat, he organised local tyre shop to sort , thought back on , job done!

when I came back to Cyprus tyre looked ok, but couldn't start car , did my usual trick , taking off air filter and holding hand over carb , no luck, bought some easy start bingo started and ran for a few seconds, then died . Tought perhaps fuel pump needs a jog , so used plenty of easy start , car ran for 30 seconds and died. Definitely fuel problem, took off fuel line near carb , nothing , tried to suck petrol , nothing , disappointed , probably fuel pump broken or blocked , bit beyond my current mechanic skills , so organised car club mechanics .They did simiar checks , then went under car and found damaged fuel line ! obviously caused by tyre fitter jack. Replaced with new copper fuel line , off we go.

Next day tyre flat again!

got to be that gremlin

• Like 2

Buicks think.  And they also gang up on you.  A few years back It seemed when one of my cars had a problem, they all had the same problem.  But eventually they tired of that game when I began to use them more. ^_^

• Like 1

You've GOT to talk to them!  Say "HI!" when you arrive and "Check ya later" when you leave.  If they start acting "right" and making "happy sounds" when they run, you KNOW they like your friendship and you caring about them as something more than "an appliance" or "a bucket of bolts".  You've GOT to work on those relationships!  A nice NAME helps, too!

NTX5467

• Like 1