Naples is under a month away!

AnniesSS

Can't say I am ... but, I, too, am looking for sustained warmer weather.  Been in the 50s/60s this weekend, but ... snow forecast for mid-week.  Ugh.

I sure miss having cars to get out in the spring, too.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"I'm dying inside" __ The Tony Rich Project __ 'Nobody Knows'
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was great.  Had my 42 Lincoln Continental there.  Beautiful selection of cars.  We received a severe storm warning about 2 so it was cut short.  Had heavy rain coming home.  I live in Fort Myers, Fl.

Looking forward to next year.  Leroy

The meet was well organized, and the show field had many excellent vehicles. The rain was predicted, but never came until well after dark.

We drove our 1965 Corvair Monza convertible from New Orleans to Naples - (and back home, too!).

The Corvair was recognized in the "DRIVER PARTICIPATION CLASS"

post-97723-0-85012600-1454797965_thumb.j

Despite a tire problem, we made it home safely, and have a new set on order

KELLY CORVAIR RIGHT REAR.jpg

• Like 2

We had a great time! Met some new friends and saw some old ones :) I had the opportunity to judge some great Vettes!

Thanks to the Naples/Marco Island Region for hosting a well organized event!  I'm glad we had the chance to drive down (1,751 total miles traveled). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

We had a great time! Met some new friends and saw some old ones :) I had the opportunity to judge some great Vettes!

Thanks to the Naples/Marco Island Region for hosting a well organized event!  I'm glad we had the chance to drive down (1,751 total miles traveled). 

Annie,

I met the young man who was there with your Suburban - and am very impressed with both !

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but did note that your '89 Suburban was properly recognized.

Congratulations !

Marty

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words!  My husband is great :)  He puts up with me and my trucks and makes sure we're all "sound" lol  He did say that a few people came by and chatted while I was judging.  He got me interested in the AACA because of Hershey and I've had nothing but an incredible time so far at every meet.   I'm sorry I missed you but hope I'll get the chance to meet you again. :)

I had a great time, and real good job by the region keeping the rain away from us. Seemed like it rained everywhere in Naples but where we were. I got to meet up with a foreman I worked for (the best guy I ever had worked for!) some 20 years ago who is a member of the Naples Region. I also got to meet a friend of mine who was a member of  the AACA region and VCCA in Long Island and who relocated to Fort Lauderdale about 10 years ago, whom I have not seen since then, Got to sit with him and his wife at the banquet.

I would like to thank all of the members of the Naples Region for the effort they put in and the job they did.

I am looking forward to next years in Ocala, my other home is only about 4 miles away from where from where the show site is.

• Like 1

Hi Annie,

I am originally from 'Da Bronx' when I was going to start high school my dad bought a house in Wantagh. My wife was born and raised in Glen Cove, and we resided there for almost he past 40 years now.

Long Island is just way to crowded now for me. Raised three fine young men there and it was good for that and I worked all over NYC so it was pretty good for that.

Anyway your truck looked real nice. I was parked in the same row as you in HPOF with my red, white, and blue Chevrolet Monza Mirage.

Very nice! We left to NC 11 years ago and never looked back!

Thanks for the compliment! I remember admiring your car every time I went past :-) I think HPOF is my favorite class cause you never know what you're going to see and I love that!!

I was able to get the photos of that my husband and I took at the show.  I try to get everyone's car, but considering we had to leave early due to the impending storm, I think we got most of them :)

I coulda sworn I put this link in here last night for the photos we took lol

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+AnnieG454/albums/6265416037330068129

Edited by AnniesSS (see edit history)

Annie, most of our family moved from Brooklyn and The Bronx to Long Island, then Florida, and then to the Raleigh area. Barry and Dian Gendler were even members of your Region until hed passed on 2 years ago - friends of Les & Dean Tryon. We were the different ones, first to Jersey, and then IBM moved us every which way until we settled in New Orleans.

Congratulations again on your Suburban. 

• Like 1