First Class Yellowbird badge?

Guest 383Roller

Guest 383Roller

This is mounted to my 63 console, I'm preparing to replace the black material that's glued on the console and it got me thinking: is this an original badge to the car (originally yellow colored car)? I never thought it was, maybe some religious thing?

I did a search and came up empty, although I didn't spend a lot of time doing it. So I'm at a point where I should keep it or put it in the pile, just wanted to see if anyone here seen or heard of such a thing.

Thanks!

14jt820.jpg

Totally off the subject, but Yellowbird was my CB handle long ago, when I was driving a cream colored '73 Olds Cutlass Salon. "hey, you got that Yellowbird, he's flyin' high, he's flyin' by, he'll catch you when he's flyin' again"....wow, haven't thought of that for a long time!!!

Guest 383Roller

Ed- that's what I thought, but you never know... :)

David- the two holes drilled were to hold the hand held cb radio!!

Sean- Too funny, there it is!

Just an FYI, Northeast Airlines was acquired by Delta many years ago. They used to refer to their planes as "Northeast Yellowbirds." They would have flights from Boston to Florida and run specials all the time. The commercials would say "come on down on a Northeast Yellowbird."

Pat Curran

Funny things we find in our Rivieras, I was technically the 2 me owner siahen I stripped it down inside I found near the center console tabs seals from pints of liquor , blue chip stamps , beer pull tabs, wooden cigar tips, cig butts, and some old coins, silver dime 1964. This was a party car for the owner that had it, didn't find any rubbers when I removed the back seat.

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

When I first looked at it, the theme song from the television and radio commercial for "Yellllooooooooo birdddddddd" popped up in my head immediately.

Growing up in the Philadelphia / South Jersey region, our area was a principal marketing target for those flights to Florida, year after year. The airline catered to the "snow-birds", that would leave here right after Christmas, and then return them around Easter. You would see shots of the airplane, crew, and cabin, intermixed with lovely beaches, waves, and warm weather tempting scenes.

The only pertinent fact now though would be if the Riv's owner at the time was not a pilot, then the car was likely owned by someone up here in the winter salt area, so double check the frame in all of the usual places for rust caused by trapped salt residue.

To the OP, thanks for the transport back in time to the 60's with that picture!

Marty