2nd unkown coupe of 2015

Guest Darren Kemarly

Guest Darren Kemarly

I have found another coupe and since I had a lot of fun with the last posting (of my Jordan model 90 G), I thought I would try it again.

I am looking for verification before purchase on this one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

post-54320-143142953449_thumb.jpg

post-54320-143142953387_thumb.jpg

post-54320-14314295341_thumb.jpg

post-54320-143142953429_thumb.jpg

It's a 1932 900 or a 1933 1001 Coupe. It should have 17" wheels and an angle set rear end. If that rear bumper is straight across it's a '33. If the bumper dips down in the center it's a '32 900. This car could be restored. All the value is in the body. A pic of the dash would positively identify it.

After a closer examination of the pics I am confident it is a 1932 900 Light 8. The tip off is the running board splash aprons. On the '33 the aprons extend forward along the inner edge of the fenders. Also on the '33 splash aprons the "bump out" at the rear spring shackle is actually a hole with a plug, to access the Bijur fitting. The 900 does not have Bijur lubrication so the bump out is not open and is just for clearance.

We have 3 of these cars here for rewooding at the moment. Just to get your mind working, this car is restorable and parts could be found to restore it as a 900 or as a 1001. Expensive but doable.

Tough yes, but if one had a sedan parts car....fenders, grill, hood, running boards, are the same sedan or coupe, or convertible for that matter. Rear fenders would require slight modification. A 900 Coupe Roadster sold at BJ for $275k, surely a world record by at least $100k.

Guest AlCapone
Tough yes, but if one had a sedan parts car....fenders, grill, hood, running boards, are the same sedan or coupe, or convertible for that matter. Rear fenders would require slight modification. A 900 Coupe Roadster sold at BJ for $275k, surely a world record by at least $100k.[/QUOT

Restorer32 I don't know how long you have been in this business but you certainly are a wealth of knowledge. You are a tremendous asset to this site. My compliments ! Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

Thanks. 36 years in this biz/hobby. I know a bit about cars we have restored but my knowledge of antique cars in general isn't that broad. I have a '32 900 as well as a '33 1001 so those are cars I do know a good bit about. Anything newer than 1948 or so and I am lost. Happily my Son is slowly taking over the day to day operation of the biz, leaving me time to haunt these forums. With 6 employees working for 36 years you go thru a lot of cars.

Guest Darren Kemarly

I knew that I could count on the people Here!! Thanks Again for all the post and the wealth of knowledge.

I new it was a Packard but the top had me a little confused, all the photos I could find showed full metal tops or convertible's not the padded top. the owner has a title for a 1932 light 8 but the tag is missing from the firewall ( but it may be in the car??? ). So I wanted to be 100% on the I.D. because the owner is asking $3000 for it, I looked the car over and all the hard to find trim and little psc are there.

I was hoping to find a donor car for the sheet metal as Restorer32 posted. I was thinking of doing a period correct coach built custom???

keiser31; I cant give away all my secrets, but my wife thinks I am having an affair with my computer!!!

Thanks

Darren