BCA BOD Updates

38Buick 80C

Hello All,

The BOD has been working hard this past November and I would like to give my fellow BOD members a pat on the back for their hard work this month. We covered a lot this month and I'd like to make the membership aware of what we have been working on.

Most recently the BOD after reviewing the feedback received from the proposed bylaw changes published in the Bugle, has final approved those changes. I have asked the by-laws be published on the BCA website and in the next roster.

Next and most importantly to the membership, Our Bugle Editor and Bugle Designer contracts were set to expire at the end of Feb 2015. As you may or may not be aware Pete and Cindy are not a package deal. Each has their own agreement with the BCA, but I am pleased to report that both have been secured for 3 additional years through Feb 2018 (the April 2018 Bugle).

All this info will be published in future President's Messages in the Bugle, which hopefully everyone has found informative and given the membership a better understanding of what the BOD has been working on.

Regards,

Brian

PS. You guys did see the 1953 Wildcat will be in Springfield right...

Mr. DePouli, since you brought up the subject of the BOD goings on, WHEN is the membership going to see a BCA financial report published in the Bugle? I think that this is required in the by-laws?. I thought I read or heard someone say that it has been over two years since this has been done. WHY is this?

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

A First Three Decades of Buicks Enthusiast

Or one can go to the eBugle and read.

Terry, here is a good crow recipe I use when I eat crow, which is pretty often.

Skin them like a rabbit and just cut the breasts out. Let them soak in some italian dressing for a day and put them on the grill!:):D;)

That being out of the way, thanks Brian for the BOD updates you have provided here and in your Presidents Messages in the Bugle. It helps so much in keeping the goings on of the Board transparent and helping dispel rumors and bad information before it grows. Hopefully you or other board members, possibly the Secretary, will see the benefit and can find time to make this a regular thing to post here on the Forum. Sort of like a "You read it here first because you are a regular forum participant".

Thanks again!!!

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Lamar, that must be one of those 'Southern' recipes. I'm fixin' to try it right soon like. Can anybody say "OPEN MOUTH and INSERT FOOT"? I can. Brian DePouli needs to be told that I just plain screwed up on that one. Our old house restoration has just plain kept me busier than I want to be at times. I have about 4 months worth of magazines to go through and get caught up on. I glanced through the September issue and I honestly do not remember that report page jumping out at me at all. Maybe it had something to do with not looking like any financial report that I have ever seen before. Thank you all out there for keeping me on the straight and narrow. I think I really know how this happened. You see a few days ago I read something on here about a guy saying that he has no interest whatsoever in the first three decades of Buick automobiles. That's about the same thing as kicking The Lone Ranger in the shin. I'm just about over it now. That was just an awful ordeal to go through.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas Doo Dah

• 3 weeks later...