1923 -55

ROD W

I"ll store it, as long as you don't mind a few small missing parts!!

JB

22-6-55 Sport touring

If you search the Buick buy sell forum for 1923 Buick the car was offered by Dick Farnsworth for sale at $6000 back in April 2014...he notes it was sold in August of 2014...I know the car went to Long Island and believe this is the same car.

Looks like a big investment to bring this back with it's special embossed leather interior. Wonder why the recent buyer is selling it no reserve???

Yes Tom, Looks like the same car. Not having a clear title could be a problem, Can,t leave the U.S and can,t enter Aust without one. I wonder what the few small parts are that JB is talking about. Looks a very complete car, pity about the clear title. There would,t be too many 23-55,s around.

Rod

Yes Tom, Looks like the same car. Not having a clear title could be a problem, Can,t leave the U.S and can,t enter Aust without one. I wonder what the few small parts are that JB is talking about. Looks a very complete car, pity about the clear title. There would,t be too many 23-55,s around.

Rod

In New York State the registration prior to 1975 is the title and the registration is transferrable. You can usually obtain a registration in NY by taking a tracing of the VIN number and having a clear bill of sale and history of the car that is pretty easy. The DMV usally issues a non transferable registration and then after 4 weeks or so issue the transferable one after they are satisfied the car is not stolen....You could probably work with the owner to go through this process and have it shipped...good luck if you bid it could be a fun but costly restoration or just get it going and drive it after minimal restoration efforts. I though about buying this car...but it does not fit my downsizing plan.

In New York State the registration prior to 1975 is the title and the registration is transferrable. You can usually obtain a registration in NY by taking a tracing of the VIN number and having a clear bill of sale and history of the car that is pretty easy. The DMV usally issues a non transferable registration and then after 4 weeks or so issue the transferable one after they are satisfied the car is not stolen....You could probably work with the owner to go through this process and have it shipped...good luck if you bid it could be a fun but costly restoration or just get it going and drive it after minimal restoration efforts. I though about buying this car...but it does not fit my downsizing plan.

Car went for $9700....best price I've seen for a #5 car. Maybe there is hope for the teens and 20's market!!!

John, I,ve got these kick plates that I don,t need. Look different to the ones on the 23-55.

280mm, 11" long X 95mm, 3 3/4" high. made of aluminium. Not perfect, pitting dents, but may polish up O.K. Don,t know if there original or not. I picked up kick plates with the rubber step included in the kick plate which I will use on my 25-55.

post-64273-143142831641_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142831678_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142831771_thumb.jpg

I remember trying to contact the seller of a 1925-25 from e-bay 2 years ago to ask the same thing. Just give the buyer my contact information in case he would need help. Also since it looked to be very original, a good source for information for me. Each time no response. I hope it was sold to a Buick Guy and we can see it when finished.