'52 Super 2-door hardtop (56R) - ebay

Eric W

That car looks restorable to me. $3750 is an awful lot to pay for a parts car. In fact, it's a lot to pay for that car in that condition even if it is restorable. I guess if the floors are solid and the interior isn't ruined from the driver's window being down, it might be worth close to that. The Ebay listing shows a Riviera back seat which is a wrong photo for this listing. The Buick looks to be mostly complete. The Ebay listing says it is a manual transmission, but the photo of the steering column clearly shows the Dynaflow transmission quadrant.

post-56742-143142715991_thumb.jpg

Just for Fun, here is a Before and After photo comparison:

Your right about the asking amount being a lot. But today including the last few years, that is what it's shaping up to be for a cost to get your hands on cars in original and pretty much intact condition such as this one. And if one has a good candidate 52 that they are restoring, that is not too bad for parts car asking price as well. One would spend a hell of a lot of time trying to track down the parts that this car has already. And if one did use it for a parts car, the rest of it could be sold when done with it and you would most likely come out ahead. But you guys are right in thinking this should be saved and restored.

post-56742-143142715987_thumb.jpg

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

9/13/14 As of this post, the current bid is at $710. That might be a reasonable price considering what it would take to bring it back. In my opinion, that is one great looking car especially as shown in David's post above.