Not what is it but WHY is it? That is the question...

Guest Kitskaboodle

Guest Kitskaboodle

I took a pic of an 88-89 Reatta (that was at the Oakland PickNPull ) about a year ago. The reason I took the pic will be obvious when you take a look at the interior. The question is not what you see but WHY is it? Why would someone do this? How would you explain this?

Note: I need someone to host the pic for me please. :)

Edited by Kitskaboodle
Grammer (see edit history)

Guest Kitskaboodle

Thanks Walt! :)

Padgett: For being lazy the person was still fairly thorough. Even the headliner and carpeting were grey. Either way a lot of work was done on this odd combination.

Agree with Padgett.

As an aside, Kit texted the photo to me. I tried for a few moments to upload the photo directly from my phone, but could not get the forum site to upload it. Using an Android phone, with the firefox app as browser. The normal abbreviated views wouldn't let me do any uploads at all. The 'full page' views came really close, but ultimately failed. So I had to use a real computer.

Has anyone successfully uploaded photos from their Android phone (or iPhone for that matter) directly to forum posts or the Album area?

Now that I look at the car again, the doghouse has been changed as well. I still hold to the theory that the guy changed the dash components, not the interior. Just as easy to change column and doghouse when swapping dash as those items have to be removed [doghouse] and column dropped [which is almost out]

Guest PontiacDude210

That's really unique... I thought mine was a halfbreed for going tan/black on the inside, this one sort of eclipses that by a long shot. I would have to agree it was a dash swap. Perhaps the PO bought it with some hideously painted dash, wanted to change it back to original but couldn't afford a correct color dash and this came along at a good deal. To some, a Reatta branded dash in the wrong color is less sacrilegious than a Riv dash in a similar color.

Guest Corvanti

a "auto paint shop" could mix a "plastic/vinyl" paint for the dash - given a color sample - usually something that isn't sun faded. of course, it's easier to paint the dash outside of the vehicle than installed, but doable.

since the pic was taken a year ago, i'm sure this particular vehicle was crushed and on it's way back from China in different forms.:P