Convertible Floor Mats

Ronnie

Convertible owners should check out the floor mats I just added to the Reatta Store. I have no idea if they are something you can use but the price was so low ($14.95 + shipping) I couldn't resist adding them to the store. They won't get you any points from the judges at the car shows but they might save your factory mats while you are driving to the car shows. They are available in several colors.

3pc Carpet Floor Mat Set For The Buick Reatta Convertible

Three set so the mats have been ordered so far. 2 beige sets and 1 blue set. I hope we get feedback about them posted here. I hope they are useful and not just a waste of money.

If you get them and they don't fit properly you can send them back to Amazon for a full refund including shipping. Just be sure to check the box that says they were the incorrect part for your car.

Ronnie, I Got my blue set of mats today. They are not cut same as the originals ,They are wider and tapered in at the tops, also thinner, color is a navy blue, way to dark,and no idea what the third piece is for? Maybe to put over your head if it rains. These are not made for a Reatta, Also made in China. Save your money Bill

Ronnie, I Got my blue set of mats today. They are not cut same as the originals ,They are wider and tapered in at the tops, also thinner, color is a navy blue, way to dark,and no idea what the third piece is for? Maybe to put over your head if it rains. These are not made for a Reatta, Also made in China. Save your money Bill
Thanks for letting me know Bill. I will remove them from the Reatta Store. Sorry that they didn't fit. You can return them to Amazon. If you tell them they would not fit properly they will usually refund your shipping cost and your return shipping cost. Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Don't fault Ronnie for trying to provide product......... if they are $15, that is about the price of a hamburger and drink at a decent restaurant. For that price it would be a amazing if they were the correct color..... use them to protect the factory carpet and take them out when you show the car.

I sold reproduction mats for several years and know the problems. I went thru 3 vendors, all were good but they all got greedy, they wanted me to purchase from 5 to 10 sets of mats just to place an order. I had to pay for the "R" logo digitizing (3) times, and the kicker was they could only match burgundy, the first could do tan but none could match gray or blue. The last company was a division of a carpet manufacturer, you would think they could make any color, which they could but they wanted me to by a full roll of carpet just to get the correct color. That was when I decided someone else could furnish Reatta mats.

Reatta owners often ask why a certain part is not being reproduced. It is not that simple, it usually takes an upfront investment with no guarantee that you will sell enough parts to recoup you money. Not until the price of good original parts escalate to a point that making a reproduction make economic sense will someone (in their right mind) spend the $$$ to make the reproduction.

Guest Corvanti

i noticed the pics for blue looked too dark (navy) for my Reatta. i was going to pick up some black mats which i thought would be a good color for "contrast" and help save wear on the carpet. i don't know what i was going to do with the "possible" Riviera back piece. maybe cut and use for a little extra padding for my German Shepherd's bed? :P oh well...

No fault intended, I purchased these because the price was right. Just want Reatta owners to know what to expect as I said I would report on them when they arrived. I will not have a problem finding a use for them. Bill

If you are a "junker" just go to a You Pick and look for our vintage Rivs, other Buicks, and Cadillacs. They have mats that are the same size as what our cars require. The Riv has an "R" on it [i know it is not the same "R" as ours] so those would be the best. You can get them for next to nothing. Maybe the driver's mat is no good but the passenger is usually good.

What I have done is get a tan mat [in my case as I have tan interior cars] clean them good and dye them using the tan formula on Ronnie's site.

They look very nice when done and nobody outside the Reatta world knows any difference.

No fault intended, I purchased these because the price was right. Just want Reatta owners to know what to expect as I said I would report on them when they arrived. I will not have a problem finding a use for them. Bill
Bill I appreciated your input on the mats. That is what I was looking for and the reason I promptly removed them from the Reatta Store. I knew it was a shot in the dark that anyone would be able to use them, but at the same time I felt Reatta owners would want to know about them at that price so they could make their own decision.

As Barney pointed out it is hard to find aftermarket parts that have the correct fit and finish. The companies who make the parts have no problem in associating the Reatta name with their part just to make a sale. I'm sure the maker of these mats knew that they weren't good replacement mats for the Reatta but they didn't care as long as they could move them out of inventory. I hope I made it clear enough that I didn't know if they would fit or not. I didn't intend to mislead anyone.

If you are a "junker" just go to a You Pick and look for our vintage Rivs, other Buicks, and Cadillacs. They have mats that are the same size as what our cars require. The Riv has an "R" on it [i know it is not the same "R" as ours] so those would be the best. You can get them for next to nothing. Maybe the driver's mat is no good but the passenger is usually good.

It is a very good point. The drivers and passengers side are the same part. As long as they are not trashed, they are an incredible value. Our PNPs only charge about $3 (plus various taxes/recycling fees) each for them. The other E-bodies of the era are also possiblities. The ones from the late 80s even have the reversible sides. But the mats have a different carpet weave to them than the Reatta mats. So that may be a put-off to some.