Another One To Identify

CarlLaFong

1931 822 Graham Standard Coupe...Glass visor, grill shell, hood vents, biggest give away is the hump in the front bumper 1931 only. Yes a rare bird they only made 212 cars total, only a handful were most likely coupes. Looks like a US car all the export cars had dual side mounts. Only one survives that I know of...

Unfortunately the 822 is not a full classic (it should be, you could fix that). I know of two 827 coupes (one cream MS and one red UT) also one 827 Victoria Coupe PA (1929 & 30). The only 822 Coupe (white now, was black) I know of went to Australia but it was a 1932. Might be a half dozen or so 822 Sedans, two are 1931 models.

post-67048-143142377223_thumb.jpg

1932 822 Graham First Series Coupe

Edited by Graham Man (see edit history)

Yes, it probably should be Classic. I'm not sure how I could fix that, but certainly someone who has the time to put together a portfolio on the model should give it a try. The section in the CCCA Handbook identifying Grahams is confusing to me.

The 822 coupe that my friend has was saved in the nick of time before it was going to be hot rodded. It is complete, but needing full restoration. One nice feature besides for it being completely original is that it still has its metal sidemount covers.

I have never seen original metal side mount covers on a 1931, would love to see pictures, most of the factory pictures show cloth/leather side mount covers. My guess is they would look like the 1932 second series covers, but that is just a guess. There was a black/rust 1931 822 Graham Coupe on ebay a long time ago, not sure where that car went.

Interesting they were trying to say the car had a moonshine set up in the back (it was a business coupe) but as far as I know they only transported bottles not the still. My guess is it had a water injection system or something similar. Looked like a pretty solid car.