Drive-In Restaurant - Car to ID

Grandpa

Look on your kitchen oven and you will see a setting for "Broil" I think the heater elements come on for both the top, and bottom on the Broil selection so the meat is cooked both on the top, and bottom at the same time. Dandy Dave!

Thanks Dandy.

Our oven has lots of funny little pictures/symbols which I have no idea what they mean.

I think they are some sort of international secret language which I avoid learning as I have no desire to drive a kitchen.

As for elements; there are ones at the top, bottom and round ones for the bloody fans which I have to replace every now and then.

I will ask the Mrs tonight.

Cheers

Manuel in Oz

Guest Gary Hearn
I was just reading the signs on the building.

What is BROILED steak?

There used to be a drive in restaurant in Charlottesville, VA that served "broasted" chicken. Want to take a stab at that? Their motto was "Business in thousands, profit in pennies".

There is a chicken broaster place down the street from us here in Phoenix, Oregon. I am not sure if they use oil of some sort, but the broaster is a pressure cooker style oven. The chicken comes out sort of deep fried, but not as greasy. Actually, it's quite tasty.

This is from the dictionary, boys;

Broasting is a trademark applied to a method of cooking chicken and other foods using a pressure fryer and condiments. The technique was invented by L.A.M. Phelan in the early 1950s and is marketed by the Broaster Company of Beloit, Wisconsin, which Phelan founded.

Guest elmo39

not all Auburn eight cabriolet,s were super charged . i have a freind who has a eight cyl Auburn cabriolet that is not super charged and it is an original car. an export model sure but it is original

It is indeed a 35-36 Auburn six cylinder cabriolet. Not being able to read the six or eight on the hubcaps, the one piece splash aprons above the running board tells the story. Eight cylinder splash aprons were the same length as the running board, while sixes are longer and went forward and bolted to the cowl. Chromed headlights came on the custom model six and eight, painted headlights on the standard models. The wire wheels were an option for six cylinder cars in 35 & 36, most came with artillary wheels. The Auburn factory did not chrome the step plates on any 35-36 cabriolets.