Kepich Exhaust

I have an exhaust system from him on my 1933 Plymouth. I have mixed feelings about it. The fit seemed reasonably good with out a large amount of adjusting to make it fit. But the exhaust sound is louder than I'd like. Perhaps it is a duplicate of original (including exhaust sound), but I had gotten used to the total silence that you have with that same engine using a later design muffler.<P>Still, I'd probably buy from him again. Next time I would spend the couple of dollars extra for the stainless steel. If I had done that before, there would not have been a next time. smile.gif" border="0

My experience with Kepich was similar to the others. The pipes just did not fit up properly. I did not pursue an exchange; but managed to locate NOS that worked beautifully! I still have their pipes stored away somewhere for my children or poor wife to sell when I am gone. confused.gif" border="0 <BR>jnp

I put a Kepich exhaust on my 65 GT Mustang.<BR> I got the wrong headpipe, but they swapped it out. The system worked, but I had to do some "creative" fitting and cutting to make everything fit right. <BR> My boss ordered one for his 48 56c and the first headpipe was all wrong. they sent another one, and we got it to fit with the aid of a "rosebud". Thank goodness the body was off the frame at the time.<BR> Bill

I ordered a crossover y pipe for my Pontiac and it fit perfect however after driving the car on and off for a year I noticed that it did not have the power it used to have. I removed the pipe this winter and discovered that when they welded the pipes together the inside at the y was only the size of a dime which was restricting the exhaust. I used a burr grinder with a extenison and after a few hours had the pipe open. The car runs much better however I think I may have burnt a exhaust valve.

hello, i have heard both good and bad about many exhaust companies. i have heard more good than ad about kepich though. i got my exhaust system for my 55 buick from Waldrons in michigan, i had a horrible experience with them, they did not send the right parts, then forgot to send the y pipe, i recieved it about 1 or 2 months after he told me i would, they charged the credit card even before they sent it out which i had asked them not to and they said it would be no problem, and he had told us off and said i would be lucky if i even got my parts by the end of the year...(i had ordered them in september). i still have yet to get it put on my car. (i finally found a trustworthy guy, i hope!) With all the trouble i had with him i hope he atleast does some good work and it fits nicely with no problems. good luck.

Bill, I'v used them a few times and always find the need to bend something or shorten something to make it fit. If you like a challenge go ahead and order from them. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I have used Kepich on 3 occasions. The first was for a '24 Buick. The muffler was OK but the exhaust pipe diameter was too small for the manifold fittings. I called, they argued that their diameter was correct, I argued, and they replaced it with the diameter I specified. I guess you can't fault that. I never put it on so I don't know if it fits.<P>Second time I ordered a system for a '41 Cadillac. The only problem I encountered was that when the hump over the axle was in proper position, the bend at the tip of the tail pipe pointed about 30 degrees out of the correct position.<P>Three years ago I ordered pipes and muffler for a '31 Chev. Pipes were too long and the muffler was too short, but it was a workable combination and all went together and fit within the existing mountings. Sounded like I thought it should, so I didn't care about the muffler length.<P>I thought I must be a slow learner, so, for a '51 Chev. I decided to go to a compnay specialing in Chev parts. High prices and from my past experience with them, good stuff. Well, the exhaust system was pricy but the quality was poor. The exhaust pipe was short and the tail pipe was round at the tip. Those Chev tail pipes were originally flattened top and bottom at the tip for about 6-8 inches, and that is what I wanted and expected. After MUCH trouble I finally got one that was passable. I think they took the one I returned, heated it and beat it flat with a hammer as I don't think they had the die to do if right.<P>This may be hard for some of you to accept, but I now get the best results with Midas. You are right there, you can reach an understanding of what you want and expect, can see the work being done, and everything should be acceptable before you accept the job. Of course sound is always an iffy thing. It helps to be in a small town where the shop is more personally oriented, but I did get satisfactory work in a Midas shop in Baltimore years ago. It was frequently the Midas Guy who fixed the other person's manufacturing mistakes, which of course added to the total cost of the job. ~ hvs

Thanks all for all the input on this item. It reallly helps when you tell your experiences and even E-mail pictures f the parts you are complaining about.<BR>I have decided to go with a local shop because of thee reasons.<BR>I hate trying to solve issues over he phone and not having leverage to get it solved to my satisfaction.<BR>Thanks again.<BR>Bill