Passenger seat to match 16 way driver's seat ?

justfish89

If the passenger seat to match the 16 way driver's seat only reclines can anyone tell me what the seat shown in the photo for a '90 convertible Red/Tan on the Speedway web site(www.reattaparts.com)is ? It appears to have a thigh support,is that part of the recline position ? If it's not then what type seat is it ? That's the type and color I'd like to find for my '90 convertible ! Can anyone help ? confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

a) do not see the picture you are talking about. Only red/tan/con interior picture I found was <A HREF="http://www.reattaparts.com/Dcp00601.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.reattaparts.com/Dcp00601.jpg</A> and that just shows the driver's seat.<P>However I suppose a 16 way driver's size seat could be installed on the passenger side with the control pod swapped.<P>Am more concerned with lowering the seats about an inch myself.

First.... I checked my '90 today, it does not have 16 way seats but the connector is there for them under both seats. It is a two position white connector with a orange/black and black wire.<P>The picture of the seat padgett linked to is a 16 way, you will notice the three buttons on the side of the seat. The matching passagere seat will have a single recline button on the seat. The passenger seat is made to look like it has thigh support so that it matches the drivers seat in appearance.

If you want 16 way seats on both sides, one alternative could be getting a pair of seats from an 86-88 Riveria T Type. The styling of the upholstery is slightly different, but the seat is almost identical to the seats used in our cars. I myself have the 16 way seating option on my car and have been seriously contemplating getting a 16 way passenger seat from a T Type Riveria and swapping the leather cover from my current seat to it. In my case I belive that the only modification to the leather cover would be the addition of the vinyl trim that would need to go between the seat and the now articulated thigh support. Has anyone attempted this?

Have not measured but seats seem symmetric. If so there would only be two problems with putting a drivers 16 way on the passenger side:<BR>1) the switches would be in reverse order and operation (suppose wiring could be changed).<BR>2) seat belt loop would be on wrong side (can probably use original vinyl parts)