Riviera front clip on Reatta

alexhouston

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, 2seater said:

Very interesting. Is that front fascia below the stock Reatta lights actually bolted on place? It certainly does lend a different look and opens up other lighting possibilities

the bumper was bolted to the drivers side bumper mount.i didn't look farther into it since im swapping the whole front 1989 riv bumper.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Why are you going to all the trouble to modify the Riviera parts instead of getting Reatta parts? Even if you had to drive all the way to Minnesota to get the parts from Jim Finn it would have been easier and probably cheaper than doing all the modifications you will have to do if you put any value on your labor.

• Like 1

the passinger side of the radiator support is pushed back an inch and mangled.the car is totaled.since it has no resale value im swapping on a riv front end which in my opinion looks better.if i had known the fenders would need extending i probably wouldn't have.other than the fenders not being long enough to reach the doors,it completely bolts on.im having to make it work because the passinger side was pushed down and back by the wreck.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i found out that the 1986 grill won't work with my 1989 bumper without trimming the bottom corners.too bad some moron busted the 89 grill to open the hood because he couldn't figure out the hood release.im hoping to find a 1989 grill cheeper than ebay.i wired up the parking and turn signal lights today.lucky the colors are the same eventhough none of the connecters are except the horn.the headlight colors are the same too.im wiring the headlights using a relay harness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the inner fenders [plastic flexable] from the riv bolted right to the reatta except for a few holes.ive been driving it for two weeks without problems except dim headlights.i swapped in some led bulbs that are a little better[not great].im using the modified relay harness.i haven't decided to have a body shop finish it or just drive it.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/24/2021 at 6:57 PM, handmedownreatta said:

one thing ive noticed...since i pulled the fuses for the headlight doors the battery is always ready to go.before it would be dead in four days.

Did you finish the grill? Would love to see a pic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You saved another Reatta! That looks pretty darn good to me. Were you able to overcome the mismatch in the front fenders or are you going to just live with it? Are the Riv fenders steel?

yes the riv fenders are steel.the riv front end worked well since it doesn't attach to the front of the radiator support except at the top and bottom.i need to stop by macco and let them look at it.id be happy with a ten footer..i don't know anyone in the bodywork industry.i suspect the reatta fenders and riv fenders could be bonded together except the riv fenders are structual.ive seen people on car shows weld and rework fenders to match up but im sure its not as easy as they make it look.im still looking for the right year grill but i can't find any rivs in the yards.i intend to have the hood ornament hole filled.

• Like 2