Thomas Borchers + 1912 Cadillac and 1955 Buick

Hello !

I just would like to show you my cars with a little story about the cars.

1912_Cadillac_Tom_web.JPG

Here you can see my 1912 Cadillac Touring ( Mary ) and me. I bought this car in 1999 from Canada and it makes a lot of fun to drive it. I made this photo with a self timer and it was very cold this day.

MaddyOldsBetsyBuick.JPG

This is my 1955 Buick Century ( Betsy ). You can see on the photo my girlfriend and me. We just arrived from her old home 150 miles to her new home to our house. We own Betsy since over 5 years and had a lot of fun with this car. I bought it in Sweden. Before this Betsy stood on a junk yard in USA and was in bad condition. Broken windshield, interior was destroyed...

Greetings

Tom

Guest imported_MrEarl

That Cadillac is huge!!!

So glad someone rescued the 55 and brought it back to it's glory. So did you do the restoration. Do you have any before and after photos?

Thanks for sharing.

Mr Earl,

the restoration was done in USA but actually it was just a cosmetic restoration. As I bought it from the owner in Sweden, there were a lot of noises from the rear end because there were loosen shock links. I had also some work at the front axle. The main brake cylinder came out of a Fiat (!!!!) so I converted it to manual brakes. Carburetor was in bad condition, Side windows were out of adjustment, rear power windows did not work, clock doesn't run, rebuild (really.. ?? ) generator was not working after some tours and much more. Now both blower motors are not working. Oh yes and problem was dirt in gas tank.

Yes, I do have some photos as the car stood on the yard between a lot of others cars. But I am afraid at the computer at home but I will post them next time.

I just restore a 1955 Oldsmobile which came also from a junk yard in California. I mean it was from "Memory Lane" near to LA. The Olds stood on the 3rd floor on two other cars.

Tom

Thank you, Joe.

We have some US Cars in our collection : 1908 Stanley Steamer, 1911 Model T, 1912 Cadilac, 1912 Buick, 1913 Hudson 6-54 Roadster, 1918 Hudson Super 6, 1922 Cadillac 61 Town Car (!!), 1947 Lincoln, 1955 Cadillac Eldorado, 55 Olds, 55 Buick and two Model As and Ts.

Tom