Me And My Buick!

Guest 53Nailhead

Guest 53Nailhead

Peter said he would put it back if he got enough response so I thought we should start a thread. Peter, please put it back! Any one else?

post-37446-143137883208_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Les, I'm glad you started this. I've been down in the basement where it was seemingly thrown, making my thoughts known. Hopefully enough folks will respond so that Peter and the AACA will return Me and My Buick to us. I've suggested that they create a "Me and My Old Car" Forum for use by everyone.

So it's up to us. I've even seen a couple of "non regulars" supporting the cause so hopefully the battle will be short.

I think it was a mistake to comandeer the whole forum and move it. It was started here, and should stay here. It isn't like it was languishing due to lack of activity! It was popular! Go ahead and use the IDEA to start a NEW version of it open to other makes, but the Buick-specific one should stay right here!!!

Guest imported_MrEarl

Woohoooo is right....wheew, that was a close one. You never know how much something means to you til it's snatched away.

OK... I'm sure there are some of you that have been meaning to post on the infamous Me and My Buick forum that was beginning to think "Oh shoot, I done missed my chance". So here's your second chance. Let's see them pictures and hear them stories. And they don't have to be about just your car. Maybe you went to cruise or a show and showed it off. Or what about that Buick wall in your garage (or the garage period), or that collection of Buick signs or portholes or neckties. Let's see it. Anything about You and Your Buick.

Pete,

Putting Me and My Buick back in the BCA forum is a wise thing.

Starting a Me and My Old Car heading for AACA is a good thing for AACA.

Like others interested in Buicks, wading through stories about cars I have no interest in to find the Buick ones holds little appeal. Unfortunately, not every one uses a subject line that would identify the vehicle so it putting everything together does lead to confusion.

Buicks Rule,

The new Me and My Car is not in the AACA category, but in the new General category. I'm trying to update the forums to be more friendly to ALL antique car enthusiasts, regardless of club affiliate.

I realize we have our own interests, but this forum needs to attend to the needs of ALL enthusiasts, not just the individual clubs and marques.

Thanks,

Peter

Guest my3buicks

I would like to see the the/a link back to the BCA homepage - we used to be able to hit the Buick Club of America link on top the page and get taken to the BCA home page

Guest imported_Thriller

See what happens when I miss getting on for a couple of days? All this excitement and things are pretty much the way I left them. grin.gif Thanks folks for holding down the fort and thanks to Peter G. for being a listening and responsive admin. youtheman.gif