Now THAT'S a barn find

Matt Harwood

Guest Duanesk

My guess is that it'll go for 18-20K. One just sold on ebay for 27K that needed alot of work, but didn't seem to be quite as rough.

Duane

AACA #322158

1946 Super Convertible

1971 C10 PU

I don't know why, but I keep checking to see how much it's up to. That thing's a wreck but it's still such a neat looking car! But it's going to cost probably 100,000 to restore at least! All that steel, chrome, and where are the wire wheels? Then the interior, mechanicals, etc. Yikes!

I agree with earlier comments that it would be interesting to know the story, especially when one looks at the other offerings, all put on ebay at once. A 47 Roadmaster convertible still only in the $2700 range. All those Packard convertibles.

ebay is an interesting phenomenon when cars like this are offered at no reserve. It truly makes it a marketplace and interesting to watch. Reserve auctions dominate, and most cars don't meet reserve.

$9,100 and 22 bids with 3 days to go. Pardon my french but WTF! Are people blind! I agree with the 100K estimate on restoration and you just have to ask if it's worth it.

Probably won't even be restored, it will probably be parted.

JD