"I will fight no more, forever..."

Jibby

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"I will fight no more, forever..."</span></span>

I am finding it necessary, for my mental stability, to retire from this Discussion Group.

Considering the state of mind, that I'm currently in, I can no longer log on, to the forum, only to see comments negatively aimed at myself.

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever singled anybody out, with any of my commentation. In fact, I don't recall, ever telling anybody, to "put a sock in it", or to "shut up", or to "be quiet".

I can't recall, ever being particularly offensive, to any one person. This is a common occurance in forums, blogs, etcetera, that has caused me to disassociate myself, with a number of websites.

I just can't continue to be the brunt of hypocritical critique.

It may be, that I'm overly emotional, about this. It may be that I have nothing to really be upset about.

I'm just not in the state of mind, right now, to be dealing with this. I'm on the verge of collapse.

So it is with this, that I take my leave of this forum.

I wish to thank all of you that have been helpful to me, in the past.

Hopefully, in the future, I can be of some help to some of you.

For the moment, I need to take a step back, and remove myself from society, for my own sake. frown.gif

I don't know if totally isolating yourself from society is a good idea.

Sure, we ALL need space from time to time, and how much depends on the individual and the surrounding environment, but separating from society completely is likely to make things worse, I would think...

Perhaps you just need to have more in-person interactions?

Sometimes I think that I myself have too much internet time, and not enough real-life interpersonal time....

K

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think political stuff is best avoided in casual conversation.... no matter what the 'position'...

Politics itself almost seems like a 'disease', an invitation for animosity and other such ill-feelings...

If at all possible, take all politics with a grain of salt -- even the Republicans and Democrats, after heated passionate debate, sit down together afterwards, have a couple drinks (a couple more if you're Teddy K), and laugh it all off.

THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART: LAUGH IT ALL OFF!

Humor makes sanity and seriousness easier to take.

It's the 'amateur' politician that always seems to take it all too much to heart, to keep it boiling inside, and ultimately defeat him/herself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think political stuff is best avoided in casual conversation.... no matter what the 'position'...

Politics itself almost seems like a 'disease', an invitation for animosity and other such ill-feelings...

If at all possible, take all politics with a grain of salt -- even the Republicans and Democrats, after heated passionate debate, sit down together afterwards, have a couple drinks (a couple more if you're Teddy K), and laugh it all off. </div></div>

Yes laugh it all off and lets talk religion! What do you think of the *******

Nah, it's not about the politics, it's more about the fact, that it's okay for anybody else to have an opinion, but when I voice mine, it becomes the center of an all-out attack, because I must be an ignorant (bleep), who knows nothing about anything. Everyone else, has a better answer or position.

Beyond the political bullshiznit, it more about the meaning of the First Amendment. It's about the fact, that Americans seem to think that they, personally, are more intelligent, then the next guy, and that they have the right answer... nobody else does.

It's American arrogance.

I don't agree with the middle-east's Jihadist approach to our shaded Imperialism, but I understand the reasons why...

Take that as you wish, but just realize, that I am a Civil War Reenactor, my family members have participated in every conflict that this nation has been involved in, some have been involved in some of the most important events in this nations's history. I'm proud of my heritage, but I'm not proud of what this country has become, in the last 60 years.

I don't agree with some of the countries, in the European Union, belittling our nation, but I do understand the reasons why...

I'm not a happy citizen, and to tell you the truth, if I had the funds, to set up shop in another nation of my choosing, I would do so. This is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> the "Greatest Nation In The World", and it hasn't been, since the end of WWII. I was born too late...

There are many things, that need to be addressed, and repaired, before this nation will be anywhere near, the caliper it was, just after the Great Depression.

I can trace my heritage, on just one side of my family, back to Nomenoe, "King" of Brittany. My ancestors, fought in all four major Crusades. They were instumental in the establishement of this nation, as well. I'm proud of my heritage, but my citizenship to this country, at this time, disgraces that heritage.

You can all say what you want. You can belittle me, you can jeer at me, you can engage in figurative stoning. But in the end, you all know what I'm talking about, and it dismays even you.

You can call me anti-American, you can call me a terrorist, you can call me a left or right wing nut. You can label me, with any number of names. But in the end, I have disassociated myself with all groups and positions, because I understand that each side has it's valid points. What each side doesn't understand, is exactly that. We all have valid points.

The measure of a man, is not his ability to follow one side, but to lead. Hopefully, someday, someone will lead this nation, to a better place. But it won't be in my lifetime, and it won't be in my unborn child's lifetime.

To close, it's not the nation itself, but the people in it, who have turned it rotten to the core. Until there is a large-scale realization, of the effects of ignorance... not stupidity, but ignorance... on the functionality of our Establishment, we are headed for an inevitable fall.

I'm really not enjoying, having to fix my spelling and grammatical errors, every five minutes, so if something is wrong, just leave it as it is...

Guest MauiWowee

Jibby, you sound, like an intelligent, educated, person. Please, remember that, you do have, the right, to express yourself, just as others, have the right, to disagree, or even not like, what you have, to say.

It's just, ALL THOSE DAMN COMMAS!

cool.gif

Lighten up please.

Guest F14CRAZY

Reminds me...

I can pull my own error codes, replace a crankshaft position sensor, rebuild headlight motors, do trailer wiring, replace ECMs, use a clay bar, replace a thermostat and coolant, change my engine oil and use synthetics, replace accumulators, replace brake pumps, bled brake lines, rebuild headlight motors...

and still get treated as a typical 17 y/o (18 since yesterday) high school student

I almost forgot to delete my controversial posting... so I'll do that after this is done.

Before I leave the forum, I thought I'd leave this. For those of you, who know, you will understand...

jp1.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">John Patrick O'Neill

1952-2001</span>

Guest imported_walt in ciniti

Sounds like you may be part of this group

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED

the

1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they

carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored

lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we

rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took

hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE

actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but

we weren't overweight because

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back

when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down

the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the

bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no

99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell

phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat

rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no

lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,

made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang

the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't

had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They

actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers

and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO

DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as

kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

....Or played "roman candle duel" in the middle of summer, with winter coats on.

...Or were allowed not only to deliver newspapers, but go door to door selling subscriptions..... While the Zodiac Killer was hyjacking school busses in our nieghborhood!!!

.. Then allowed to go "solo" at age 11 to fly to Disneyland free, for selling said subscriptions, while Manson was doing his dastardly deeds.

.... Or letting us play/run around downtown Memphis, in the days following Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination, amongst the occuring riots, with kids of all colors, even some of the rioters' kids.

I feel the age of instant communication has hurt as much as helped our society, in that the communication is great, yet the influences of TV-based mass-media/hynosis has jaded the outlook of all who have been guided/taught/babysat by it.

THE IMAGES IN THE BOX ARE'NT ALWAYS REAL, THOUGH they WANT YOU TO BELIEVE SUCH.

Learning from the mistakes others make is always beneficial, REVELLING IN THEIR PAIN/SUFFERING/IDOCY IS NOT. i.e. jerry springer-type shows.

All EDITORIAL comment should have the word EDTIORIAL in big letters on the screen, just ot keep things on a level playing field. It can be difficult to tell the REAL news from the EDITORIAL OPINIONS anymore.

People can be molded by thier environment, socitey has been molded by the images and words from the TV-box. So the box has it's own responsibility for the type of society it has attempted to create, and the people polluted by it.

Frank Zappa hit it right-on!!

I'm the slime form the video, oozing along on your living room floor.

....I'm the slime coming out of your TV set,

You will obey me while I lead you,

Eat the garbage that I feed you,

Unitl the day we do'nt need you,

Don't go for help,

No-one will heed you.

Your mind is totally controlled,

You have been stuffed into our mold,

And you will do as you are told,

Until your rights-and you are sold!!!!

FZ was a genius!! and an amazing guitarist.

If you've never heard his material, start with I'm the Slime.

Bad folks are everywhere, many generated by a society which allows itself to be molded by the few in control of the BOX, and it's content.

Are these divisions put in place to divide and conquer our society, or merely to gain control, division by division?

>> HAPPY BIRTHDAY F14!!!!!! ONLY 102 OR SO MORE TO GO!! <<

Maybe by that time you will get a Northstar in the Reatta.

You'll be that wierd old geser on the block that all the kids will be talking about (... he has this wierd machine that you GET INSIDE, and actually moves you slowly (at no more than 130 mph) to another place -- instead of just using a regular molecular transporter.... so old school-y fooly)