No can do Waxahachie

imported_buick5563

Hey Texas guys,

The Saturday before last, I heard about a house for sale in a cushy part of central Austin that had a big lot and a big workshop. All of my friends know that this is what I was kinda interested in so I have been sent on some real wild goose chases as far as that goes. My wife and I hopped in the car with my son and went over to look at it.

HOLY SMOKES. This place is on a half acre with a 2000 square foot garage. OK, so the house is a ramshackle hut, but with the land, the garage, and the MUCH better neighborhood school I figured 3 outa 4 ain't bad.

So we put an offer on it. OK. Accepted. No contingency though. OK. Sell our house, pronto. I've done a bunch of work on my house and it's (admittedly) cherry. I want more for the house than the realtor says we can get. Fire that realtor. We put the sign in the front yard and had a FULL PRICE offer in 15 minutes. I kid you not. Actually some other realtors are miffed at the fact that they think he had an offer lined up beforehand. Puhleeeeze. All of this in less than 10 days.

So to make a long story short (too late wink.gif ) I will be moving on the October 8th regional date. I know this doesn't concern a lot of you guys in the other part of the country, I would love to be there, but think of the space!!!

After working on Old Tank's dynaflow last week with a lift I think I might have to get one. OK. Maybe not right now. This is a half acre lot in Central Austin. I may be eating a bunch of tuna and saltines for the next few years grin.gif .

I really wish I could make it. Have fun.

Mike

Guest imported_MrEarl

Sounds like things are going great for you Mike. Congrats and good luck with the move. Good thing you finished the Buick when you did. Now you can start on another HOUSE. I love Austin. Beautiful country, good music and some of the best steaks I've ever had.

Just for any of you who want to come to Texas, the South Central Region is putting on a Regional Meet at Thornhill Buick in Waxahachie. It will be help October 8th, providing we are not all over at Mike's helping him fill his 2000 foot garage (damn, thats as big as my house).

Should be a good time, last time they had some nice cars from Buick there nad lots of Buicks.

John Thornhill Buick is just off I 35 in Waxahachie and the meet starts about 8 am or so. I am hoping that I have my 47 back in time so I can bring that.

Bill,

The garage is bigger than my current house, too. I live in a 1400 square foot house right now and the new house is a hair bigger than 1200. I joked to my wife that we could set up our house exactly like it is now and still have as much room as my current garage in the new "hangar". Shoot, I might have to start restoring planes. In my wildest dreams, with all of the disposable income in the world, I wouldn't have built one this big. I will post pics when I get them, but not of the house, or some of you guys (Lamar) would be holding auctions for me to pay for demolition. laugh.gif

I will also maybe be offline for a bit so you guys behave in the interim.

Mike

Mike, good luck with your new move. I also have just about as much garage space as living space.....(what's wrong with that?)

I sold 4 of my houses without the help of a realtor........it's really not that hard to do. Both you & the buyer come out ahead.

Hey Mike

Sorry I won't be able to help, but I have my priorities and will be in Waxahachie. I am sorry to miss the opportunity of all that work (work facinates me...I could sit around and watch it all day.)

Remember I have 2 trucks and 2 trailers if that will help with the move.

Willie

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my wildest dreams, with all of the disposable income in the world, I wouldn't have built one this big. </div></div>

So, your dreams aren't as wild as mine, I guess grin.gif 2000 square feet could fit about 10 cars just for storage (assuming you don't stack them) and a suitable amount fewer with a work bench or two and actually giving yourself space to work on them...sounds like about what I need...of course, I've been thinking 40' x 60' and eventually stacking cool.gif

Of course, that is more like a work shop than a garage...and my modern vehicles sit outside confused.gif

Like Ed Roth says, "To Hell with the house! HOW BIG IS THE GARAGE!!!!"

We just got a farm/homestead this spring w/12 car garage and dairy barn.

Panikmekanik does'nt care for the kitchen here, but did I mention there is a 12 car garage?

I figure the 12 car garage and the dairy barn save me about an acre of mowing.

Of course, "cleaning the garage" takes on a whole new meaning, set aside a month or so.

Randy,

After fixing the MAJOR problems with the house, one of the first things I will be buying is a leaf blower. Cuz it's too big for a broom (even though my two year old son loves to sweep). We close this afternoon, and I already have my spare nailhead on a stand at the new place. The cars will be there by the weekend. Yee haw...

Mike

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We just got a farm/homestead this spring w/12 car garage and dairy barn.

</div></div>

Drool... grin.gif Man, I'd rebuild a kitchen to get a garage like that. Sigh.