UPDATE - FOR SALE REATTA COUPES,CONVERTIBLES, SHOW WINNERS!!!!!!

manikmekanik

WELCOME TO OUR "CULL THE HERD" SALE!!!

I'm a Reatta collector who has too many cars, (30 in all), so I've been volunteered to "cull the herd" to make way for progress.

No room here to post more than one photo, I'll give a short list of the 8 Reattae available, including a 80% complete parts car.

1988 white/maroon coupe w/180k miles fair #4 condition

1988 black/tan/suede coupe w/90k fair #4

1989 claret/tan sunroof coupe w/115k fair #4

1989 silver/grey coupe w/131k Fair #4

1989 steel blue/blue coupe parts car, no front or rear glass, nor pass. vent window glass, 3 good wheels. poor #5 condition

1989 claret/gray coupe 155k miles parts car

1989 white/maroon coupe 281k miles parts car

1991 Black/Flame red CD convertible w/29k miles Texas car, 3rd collector owner, Heartland regional GOLD AWARD winner, EXCELLENT+ #2++ condition photo attached.

Only 7 of this color combo were built, 2 were donated/scrapped, 2 were kept by a dealer, untitled still, 1 other was last known to be in WI/MI/FL in '94 with 41k miles. The last Reatta convertible built was of this color combo, and GM kept it for posterity. Only 153 1991 convertibles were sold to the public, and GM employees, with 46 going to GM execs, for a total of only 196 cars. Mine only has 29k miles.

[color:\\"red\\"] UPDATE 2/07!! Last one on the road!! I was informed, (by the most reliable source), the other 91 black/flame convertible was destroyed in a house fire last summer.

"Black Beauty" is now the last remaining 91 Reatta Black/black/Flame red convertible registered/on the road, her sister being the last Reatta convertible built, in GM's Heritage collection.

I'll add more photos to replies given to questions for each car.

I also have a wealth of REATTA parts available, and may start to part-out some of these cars. PM me with your parts requests. Respond here for more info and photos of the Reattae for sale from our collection.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

These seem like neat cars...I wonder why the values aren't higher overall...is it just that people aren't really collecting them yet? I wouldn't mind having one, but with 3 children, I'd have a bit of a time convincing my wife to buy a two-seater. Maybe a few years down the road....

With another one here running, but needing tranny work for $500, I'd expect folks to be snatching these up. Oh well, I'm probably just wrong...again.

Prices on parts for Reattae are through the roof! This is a sign people are starting to appreciate the line of cars. We are ahead of the curve at this time, within a few years, these cars will be untouchable. To my understanding, the only full line of convertibles MORE RARE than the 1991 Reatta is the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, with only 101 released. A 42 year gap, where there are only specialty cars from other mass-produced lines of cars more rare. The '59 Eldo drop-tops sell in the SIX-Figure range now, how soon will the Reattae do as well? With fuel economy being crucial these days, the Reatta line is quite appealing. My bride gets 25+ MPG on a regular basis, commuting hers 30 miles daily. Much better than most collectible cars.

Some feel Reatta prices are already too high. I say "get 'em now, while the prices are low!" Before too long, low-mile Reattae will become priceless. I've seen prices jump in the last year. Reattae I priced at @ $10k last year can't be bought for under $15k now. I bid on the white 4900 mile 91 drop-top on ebay. the seller's reserve was in the mid-$20k range, and he would keep it if his reserve was not met. The last low-miler I found, (@7000 miles), sold @ $35k!!!! I contacted the seller from the 4900 miler, he sold a couple days after auction closed, for an un-disclosed amount. I've seen wrecked parts cars going for over $1000!!! When most cars of the same years are pulling $500 to $1000, Reattae are selling for $3000 to $10,000. Holding/increasing their value better/faster now than most other cars, GN/GNX excluded.

Not a rant, just my observations. Now I'll get to answering questions about my "Cull the Herd" sale.

If you liked the sound of the 91 coupe, you'll love this one!

1991 Reatta convertible, one of 305 initially built and survivor of the wrecking ball which reduced the number of cars released to 196. The public only was offered 150 of these cars, and the other 46 were given to Buick execs. See "some Reatta mysteries solved" in the 5-star posts for more details on the demise of Most the 1991 ragtop production cars. Mike (reattadudes) did some great research on this subject, and others. He's one of the top "go to" guys in the world of Reattae.

This one was purchased new by the mayor of Dallas, Texas, who eventually moved to CA, then sold the car to another collector. Larry, (who is a member here), only drove this car 300 miles in the 3 years he owned it. I purchased the car in april this year, and proceeded to drive it 299 miles to get home.

Panikmekanik and I have enjoyed it a few times this summer, turning heads in upscale Lake Geneva, (where the rich boys parade their expensive foreign sportscars and Vettes), to get ice cream and shop garage sales. It now has 29k miles, yet still looks showroom new, except the tires. Tires are good, but old and in need of replacement, due to age more than wear, they are not the original tires, and the car sat still for years.

I entered this car in a local Buick-only show, hosted by The Cream City BCA chapter, only a week after acquiring it, and won 3rd place, behind 2 GN's, in a "special interest class". This inspired me to seek out a sponsor, become a BCA and Reatta Division member, and eventually, to enter it in the regional show.

I entered this car, (and two others), to be judged in the 2005 Heartland Midwest Regional BCA car show, hosted by The Chicagoland BCA chapter. This car was awarded gold, (1st place), in the Reatta class/convertibles. There are few flaws, such as minor rock chips and minor mirror rubs. Otherwise the car is in impeccable condition, worthy of national competition in Rochester, 2006.

[color:\\"red\\"] UPDATE 2/07!! BCA 2006 Nationals Silver award Winner!

Panik and I RACED thru the night, Friday, to make the Nats for judging Saturday mroning. Top down the whole way, it was a balmy 90 this clear summer evening. We arrived a bit after midnite at the Kahler hotel, set the alarm and dozed-off to the TV. We awoke Saturday to find the alarm clock was 1 hour slow! I blazed thru town to make the last spot in the safety inspection lane @9:28am. Then, off to the judging field, where the judges were already starting. I feverishly detailed the car from the road dust and bugs acquired on the trip, while waiting for my bride, Panik to catch-up. ( I had left her in the dust, back at the hotel, on the other side of downtown Rochester, MN ) She arrived just in time to help me wipe down the interior, and greet the judging team. We relaxed in the oak knoll, finding a little shade from the 100+ heat, met some friends and had a beautiful view of a field of over 50 Reattae entered.

At the awards banquet, we were honored with a BCA Nationals Silver award. We blazed home the following Sunday, thru 100+ heat, topless, avg. 90+mph, avg.28mpg, the most fun road trip in "Black Beauty" we've shared to date.

The value for this excellent 2+ condition 91 Reatta convertible w/29k miles is as high as $35k, I will entertain only serious offers which recognize this car's exclusivity and rarity.

It is equipped with CD player as it's only option. There are NO flaws in the interior, which still beams it's Flame red color like a meteor. I have not tried using the casette player since I rescued the Todd Rundgren tape from it, belt replacement will be needed for proper operation. The CD works fine, as well the radio and antenna. Headlamp assemblies function perfectly. Car drives and performs like new, stops on a dime. I've had no regrets in buying/owning this fine automobile, and won't sell it very far short of it's value. It's the nicest car I've had the pleasure to own. A real show-stopper, others who gazed upon it at the 2005 BCA Midwest regionals/Heartland meet, and the 2006 BCA Nationals can attest to it's appeal and beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, Maybe y'all want to know more about the rest of the herd.

I have 7 coupes, 88-89 model years.

2-white/maroon

2-claret, 1 w/sunroof, 1 tan inside, 1 gray/16 way

1-black 88 w/suede tan seats

1-silver 89 gray seats

1-steel blue/blue interior

These cars are meant for restoration or parts to facilitate resto of thier partners. post your questions, and I'll post some more photos.

Without replies, some may be parted-out for my own restorations/parts sales.

Once the weather moves south, I'll be in the shop, starting the winter restoration cycle, so get 'em now while the gettin' is good!

Prices on these cars are variable, due to miles/condition 6 of the 7 run well.

I'll post prices with replies, none will be over $1000. All are worthy of restoration, yet some will be sacrificed in the process.

Guest imported_Thriller

Man this is getting tempting...unfortunately it'll be a few more years before me and the missus are allowed to ride around in a 2 seater without the kids.

You suppose like a rose!!!

Only the steel blue/blue car is a non-runner. Yet it IS a gold mine of good engine/drivetrain, exterior/interior parts. I have already removed it's windshield and rear glass, passenger vent window, and EGR valve. It sits on 4 temporary spares, because rf wheel had broken bead edge, using other 3 for full-size spares in my other Reattae. It's parts are available individually, until someone decides to buy the whole car. I'll sell the car for the value of it's great condition standard blue leather seats - $500 cash and carry, as is, where is, can be trailered or dollied, no warranties expressed, nor implied. I purchased this one from a dealer as salvage and have no title. He had bought it at auction for his son, who hit a curb just after the new tires were installed, so Dad took it away, and it sat for a year 'till I came along. Floorboards are solid, yet there is rust at the top of the left rear fender. Front fenders are intact w/ no cracks, hood has small dents on nose, (common-not severe), grille and air dam are good, headlamp assy.s intact, operational.power windows operational, pass. side vent glass broken,(replaced w/broken after member removed good one.)

Each of the others has it's own issues that define it as a restoreable or a daily driver, as opposed to a show-quality car, like the top three Reattae in the midwest described in the previous posts. They are complete cars which have not yet been cannibalized for parts.

Don't forget, about the non-Reatta vehicles! I need to cull this herd so I can focus on the Reattae this winter. The 'Vette is a great deal for a KILLER car.

Get a high-miler or daily driver to commute to and from work, no sense in driving a four-or-more seater if only one or two commute together! Enjoy the comfort and great fuel mileage, while cruising a classy collectible car to work.

Make your commute more fun, turn a few heads on the way. Smile at the fools paying nearly $1000 per month to drive their BMW or SUV at 5-20MPH thru the traffic jam.

I've seen others complain about maintenance or repair issues with Reattae, but I ask "When was the last time you saw a Taurus, Concord, Concorde, Cavalier, grand Prix or other car from the same years DRIVING down the road with 200,000++ miles on it? And still looking COOLER than most new cars on the road.

The Reattae seem to love the abuse, even if NOT properly maintained. I just bought one, the 89 white/maroon, w/281,000 miles. The reason not to drive it home was the tires, otherwise I feel it could have easily made the 300-mile trip. I got it to replace the Deer damage on the other white/maroon of Panikmekanik's.

Well then it is worth considering. My daily driver is an 89 Mazda 626 hatchback turbo with 162,000 miles on it. I am a Mazda master technician and that is why I picked up that car, plus it is a hatchback BUT I was tempted by a higher mileage Reatta when I ended up getting this one. I posted for feedback on the Reatta forum and was basically led to believe I would have problems.

I would like to put the 626 on ebay to sell and raise money for one of your Reattas (yea, I'm that poor-3 vehicles under restoration at once will do that to you) I just need to make sure I am getting a car that is driveable home from Chicago to central Iowa and one that I could start driving right away while bringing along.

In the past 3 months on my 626 I have replaced a tire with a used one, given it a tune up, removed the cat and replaced with straight pipe (ssshhhh!!!!) so ALL older high mileage cars need regular maintenance. That's no problem but I need reliable heat with winter coming, and all safety items in decent condition.

My commute is country to city, about 22 miles one way. A decent radio so I can pick up my sports talk radio station would be good. Can I get some photos of your 2 "best" daily driver candidates? And as good of descriptions as possible?

Thanks

Bryan Moran

abc.moran@netzero.com

Randy,

In your previous post you mentioned that 6 of 7 run well. Makes my question seem stupid, sorry about that. I was going back over your posts to get more information on some these cars. I'll put my car on ebay on Sunday. To end next Sunday. I need to clean it up, I just drive it.

Thanks

Bryan

As I mentioned in this thread, the others all have their own minor issues. I would want to pay attention to any before a long trip, due to the fact we've NOT driven any of them in over a year, besides moving them around the ranch and to the farm, no more than 5 miles each.

As you, and others, know- anyting can, and does, happen on a long trip. I cannot warranty there would be no trouble with any car I have'nt gone over prior to such a trip, but would be willing to "go over" whichever one you choose to buy, at your expense. I'm offering these driveable/commutable cars at a value equivilant to a windshield, or brake system for others to experience the joy of ressurecting a great collectible car. I enjoy restoring them myself, for myself. Time is of the essence, and the most valuable commodity in our short existance here, let alone the recent jump in parts values.

Decide which color combo you most desire, and I will check it out for needed attention for a long trip. I don't believe any of these cars would need more than $500 in parts/time to prepare, with the average being @ $250 to prep for a long ride. Most Reattae in thier condition, ready for a long ride, go for $2k to $3k, so the prices I've posted for the ones needing TLC should be fair.

I'll need a couple weeks to schedule time to Diagnose/Repair, due to my busy schedule. You're welcome to come by and choose, or if you have time, to buy and repair yourself in my shop. I have a wealth of parts available for this, and local parts stores stock parts for nuts like me here. My neighbor, Charlie, owns the closest parts store, and will get whatever we need at a good price.

Some of these MAY make the trip without any repairs, but I would'nt want to send you out on the hyway for a long trip with even the possibility of trouble on your trip.

As you post your car on eBay, check out the condition/mileage and reserve prices on the Reattae listed there. This will help guide your decision toward purchase of a Reatta to use as a daily driver, and the costs involved in securing one.

Bear in mind, any car of this age, (no matter the miles), can develop problems not evident to the owner, nor the buyer, on the trip. such as rubber items, coils, sensors, which are easy to replace on the road. Others are not so easy to fix on the shoulder, such as fuel pump, or braking systems, and can give no warning until service is needed.

I'm a daring soul who would attempt to drive anything anywhere, in most cases.

Yet, I used my p/u truck and car dolly or trailer for the last 2 of 5 Reattae I've bought this year, even though both I hauled MAY have been able to make thier trips of 100 & 325 miles, respectively.

Play it safe, whether you buy mine, or others' cars, and like we were taught in Boy Scouts, BE PREPARED!

I bought the top three listed here sight unseen, and drove them home without incident. 91 droptop @ 300 miles, 91 coupe @25 miles, and 90 droptop @ 1500 miles, after new tires installed for trip. I'm good at picking these, and other cars, and so far, my luck has held out, even with the high-milers.

Go in with your eyes wide open, and don't let your desire give you starry eyes when deciding whether to buy one. Look it over with an objective eye, and get the best car for the amount you've already decided to spend.

Best wishes in your Reatta shopping endeavor!

• 3 weeks later...

The 1991 Black/Flame convertible buyer will be re-embursed $500 from the agreed selling price, to reflect the car's need of new tires.

Here's a photo of the 281,000 mile running 1989 Reatta.

[color:\\"red\\"] UPDATE!!!

NEW tires installed previous to the 2006 BCA Nationals in Rochester, MN!

"Black Beauty" wins BCA Silver award at National event!!

Thanx 4 yer interest, Dave.

I just had this post moved over to this forum, because the members here don't seem to visit the 2nd most viewed forum on this site, the Buick Buy/sell forum.

This forum is actually the most visited, when one accounts for the members here who visit Buy/Sell.

As stated in the previous posts on this thread, I do not intend to sell this particular Reatta, (1991 black/flame w/29k miles), for much less than it's full value. Some similar 91 drop-tops have sold between $21,900 and $26,700 with the highest price this calendar year being $36,600 for a 6000 mile driftwood model.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I will entertain serious offers well above $20k.</span> I'm not itching to sell this one, as it is my favorite, and the finest car I've ever owned. My preferred target price is much closer to what one may expect to see for one of the most rare US production cars sold, (150 sold in 1991), in excellent condition w/29k miles.

I'm not motivated by any immediate need for cash, and don't intend to compete with others who are motivated to sell thier Reattae quickly.

With other ragtops available, (although 1990 models), at bargain prices, this may not be the best time for me to expect offers meeting my target price(s) on these cars. I'm perfectly happy keeping all of them, but as stated, Panikmekanik says I must "Cull the Herd" before I buy another car or truck.

At this time, the car is under a cover, in the garage with it's sister, the red/tan '90 drop top, and will stay there 'till sale, or spring.

Next spring, after the Collectible Automobile article on the Reatta is released, the values of these cars will jump. Hemmings has already declared the Reatta line as the most desired of the "new" collectible cars.

So, get one now, while the gettin's good!!

post-38921-143137876484_thumb.jpg

Yes,

Are you the gentleman I met outside Hertnell Chevy this spring?

Immediately following the Gold, Silver and Bronze awards we won at the Heartland Midwest 10-state regional BCA show, I placed the cars out front along with the 1984 C4 Corvette I'm selling, for display.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, Panikmekanik wants me to "cull the Herd". I will not sell all these cars, because I love them, as she does. Funny how most the interest has been directed toward her 91 coupe, she never expected we'd end up selling hers first. I told her "to sell even one, we must place all for sale and see which one goes first. I bought the 91 coupe and a 90 drop-top for her this year, to find she prefers the coupe over a convertible. Personally I would prefer to own at least one of each. She, on the other hand, would be just as happy with a new Solstice, because it's new. I told her I'd still prefer a Reatta, because the Solstice will be a common car in a couple of years, like a Z3/4, Boxster, or any of the new "limited edition" cookie-cutter cars, not rare and unique as a Reatta. I like NOT seeing another Reatta every time I hit the road. In fact, I've Never seen another Reatta on the road when I've been out in any of mine, except when attending BCA events. And have'nt seen more than a handful on the road in the past 5 years, while driving other cars/trucks.

So, since you know where I live, feel free to drop-in to see the "herd" if you come to "Winter wonderland" for Thanksgiving this year.

post-38921-143137876498_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just recieved my new copy of the Hemmings' publication of the Black book CPI values. Here's a sample.

1990 Reatta conv. fair-7675 good-12000 excellent-17750 up4% from oct.2005

1991 Reatta coupe fair-3775 good-5750 excellent-8375 no change from oct.2005

All convertibles have risen 4% in the last 2 months, coupes of all years have not increased in value since october, based on CPI data.

Ergo, prices on the Reatta line(s) as a whole, are holding thier value, with the convertible models steadily increasing in value.

Most cars of the same time period are Falling in value, making Reatta a good investment for collectors. I would rate them, for collection/investment purposes, as a buy/hold. If you have one, keep it. If you want one, buy now, before their value increases further, waiting will only cost you more in the future, and hold it.

As for me, I'm still in the buying mode, whether or not any of my current collection sells. To me, the 4% increase is a buy signal.

Randy,

I might have a potential buyer for one of your drop tops.....what do you have for sale now?

An older gentleman (my father-in-law)in my area sold his 1990 White/Red Coupe last year and he was looking for a low mileage Convert but has not found the "perfect" car he has been looking for. Your 1991 Black/Red w/25K sounds like the car he has been looking for if its still available.

• 1 month later...

ALL cars listed here are only listed here, nowhere else.

All cars listed are still available.

All cars listed are stored indoors until after spring rains wash ALL the salt off the roads here in Cheezeland.

All cars are available for viewing by appointment, arranged thru Private Message here.

There is one interested party inquiring about the '91 black/flame red 29k droptop. Gold award winner, Midwest BCA 2005

I have begun to remove parts from some of the other cars for sale/resto/custom projects. PM with ANY parts request, as I may have your part available, in ANY color, except flame red.

Silver '89 is in resto process, white '88 will be in next month, Both Claret '89 cars will follow, then the black/tan suede '88.

Once the resto's are done, the customs will begin. First, the '88 black coupe, next the '50 F-3 P/U, then the '53 Chevy P/U. The trucks will take up the rest of the year, into next winter, preparing for "World of Wheels" next spring.

post-38921-143137876512_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I edited this thread today to remove the posts describing the 1991 coupe.

It's new home will be in TX, where both of my convertibles came from, ironic, ain't it? The buyer saw a few there, but none as clean, and no award winners.

Even at the same price level.

Funnier yet, the buyer arrived on the coldest day this winter, High was 10, low was -0, wind chill was -27. The Reatta started beautifully, and ran like it was summer.

post-38921-143137876526_thumb.jpg

Randy,

Do you still have the 89 Claret/Tan car intact? What would it need to be a "reliable" daily driver, knowing that it would need ongoing maintenance?

Hi Randy,

...'nother member of the herd!..

Is your 6-month old comment: "PM me with your parts requests", still valid? Please advise.

<span style="font-weight: bold">General Questions for All Reatta Folks</span>

1) Does anyone have a line on where to buy speaker fabric to serve as a near-match to that installed in my '91 coupe?

2) Has anyone tackled Re-and-Re of a coupe's headliner? It seems that the skinny-gauge foam padding behind the headliner fabric has mostly gone to dust. I'd appreciate hearing any pearls of wisdom in relating to this (charming) repair.

[P.S. My rig is festooned with the "Astro" roof.]

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Craig

Yes, the claret/tan car is still intact, has'nt been started/driven for nearly a year. Last service I gave it was crank pulley/belt replacement, could use tune-up, tires hold air, maybe battery. Sunroof does'nt open. When I bought it 2 + years ago, the pulley needed immediate replacement, so I replaced it after driving it 25+ miles to get it home. Everything else seemed to work fine at the time, (radio, CRT, brakes, etc.), battery is dead at the moment. I'll charge/replace it to prepare the car for your arrival.

tomt, my BCA sponsor, may have an excellent source for headliner/speaker cover material which matches original.

I've done many headliners and custom interiors, most in the 70's for custom vans and muscle cars. Reattae headliners are much easier, due to the single piece shell, rather than rods or cardboard found in earlier vehicles.

Once you have removed all interior parts surrounding the shell, and the dome lamp, recline the passenger seat fully to extract the headliner from the car, Next, use a flat tool to separate the velcro strips (4) which hold the shell to the roof. Be careful not to snap the corners or edges off of the shell, it is somewhat fragile in these areas.

Peel the old headliner cloth off of the shell, then use a bristle brush to release the dried-out foam and glue from the shell. Then, blow off excess material/dust with compressed air to clean it up.

Apply the 3M headliner adhesive spray to the shell, then the new fabric. Let air-dry until adhesive is tacky, not wet. Now, spray the shell once more to activate glue, and have a helper assist in applying the fabric, starting in the center, working toward edges, carefully working the fabric into/around the molded features of the shell. Don't fold fabric, or stretch it too much, keeping the "grain" of the fabric straight. Allow to dry for 1 hour minimum before re-installing.

You can use fabric without foam backing, or simply glue a layer of 1/8" thick foam to the shell, then repeat the process with your fabric-covering the foam.

Depending on the shape(s) of shells, many materials can be used, from blankets, sleeping bag liners, (hunters & ducks), pajama material to micro suede, chanille, satin to vinyl and leather/pleather. The Reatta shell will demand a flexible material which won't bunch-up, vinyl or leather may not work, easily.

Generally, I shop a couple fabric stores with my material/color set needs in mind, as I rarely use OEM material for my projects. My favorite material is the micro suede, it can be found in close-match colors, and enhances the richness of the interior. Many observers don't notice it's not OEM, until told such.

Randy:

You remember better than I do. I have a customer, Sackner Products, in Grand Rapids, who does most of the current headliners. If there is significant interest, I'll pursue what they have. I know that a contract with suppliers requires that they keep forms and material for 8 years. Who knows what they still have, or if they did Reattae. Even if they didn't get the contract, they could probably tell me who did. Other than that, I do have a good guy for interior work here in Dekalb, Top Line Products. If anyone needs them E me privately, and I'll give you information.

My daughter has a new Prius, with microfiber armrests that were trashed after a year. he did a great restoration for $95.00. Used good matching vinyl upholstery.

Thanks to everyone who offered-up "headliner feedback". Once I get closer to the date of initiating my headliner replacement exercise, I'm hoping the generous offers of follow-up material-supply contact information, will still be available. [i'll admit that my rig's moon roof do-ins intimidate me more than a little, as far as headliner replacement is concerned.]

For now, I'm going to (finally) get around to replacing the fabric on the four speaker covers. Degree of enjoyment with this exercise will go a long way to deciding the schedule for the headliner re-and-re....

<span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks again!</span> smile.gif

Regards, Craig

Glad to help, but this thread has been hyjacked!

Let's get back to the subject at hand-

Culling the Herd!

Here's a short list of my/our non-Reatta vehicles on the block.

1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type, very limited production.(may be sold by monday)

1984 C4 Twin TBI Corvette, only model offered this year, ate a Z06 at dragaway.

1983 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible, fresh drivetrain, needs interior/top resto.

1983 Datsun 280ZX T-Tops, runs-needs minor resto.

1978 Porsche 924, 1st year made, needs fuel pump to run.

1977 Ford full-size School bus, 5900 miles, needs wheels/tires, 330 V8/auto.

1970 AMC Gremlin-MONSTER TRUCK, 1st built, only known to exist. My nephew's.

1953 Chevy P/U w/ all chrome trim, Visor, barn fresh, untouched since 1971

1953 Ford F-5 Flathead V8, extra grille, barn fresh, untouched since 1972/3

1950 Ford F-3, extra grille & parts, resto started-cab/chassis blasted & primed

I'll post photos as requested, here's one of the Vette to start things off.

post-38921-143137876539_thumb.jpg

Randy,

If possible, can you email me photos of the 1. Black/Tan 88 Reatta and 2. Claret/Tan 89 Reatta. Also, if not too much to ask, can you get the VIN's.

I think you have a photo of the Claret 89 in a post above and it looks great except for the hood damage but I can probably get over that. The Black/Tan car is also of interest due to it's lower mileage.

My email direct is abc.moran@netzero.net

Hopefully with winter behind us I can move up to a Reatta daily driver.

Also, I would have called but see no phone number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 3Jakes!

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend, at the farm, to inspect the "herd".

Here's some details on the 1991 Black/flame red convertible.

Of 153 1991 Reatta convertibles sold to the public,

Only 7 were black with flame red interior, the color set of the last Reatta convertible built, which was kept by GM.

2 others were kept, still new, in storage by a dealer/collector in KY.

2 others were donated, by GM to training facilities, 1 of these was confirmed to have been destroyed. Donated cars are slated for destruction after use. This means only 5 cars would ever be available, 3 are "off the market", as denoted above.

Leaving only 2 cars on the road, mine and another, last known (1991) to be in WI/MI/FL? with 41,000 miles. [color:\\"red\\"] UPDATE!! WI/MI/FL CAR DESTROYED IN HOUSE FIRE-2006!! "Black Beauty" is the last B/B/F drop-top on the road!!

This is among the most rare of the 91 Reatta drop-tops, with an identical car, (last Reatta Convertible built), in GM's Heritage Collection!

Unique would be a gross understatement in reference to this car, a 2005 BCA Gold award winner, the only one of it's color set to have ever been shown at a BCA event. UPDATE! Black Beauty wins 2006 BCA Nationals Silver award!!

post-38921-143137876553_thumb.jpg

I just finished the resto/repairs to the "Bambi-Killer" white/maroon 1988 Reatta coupe, it's ready to roll!

Replaced RF fender, etc. to recover from Deer strike, with matching color parts, and added a hand-formed custom grille.

Few defects on exterior, interior is virtually flawless, runs/drives great.

See attached photo.

post-38921-143137876569_thumb.jpg

I just rolled the 1989 Claret/tan Reatta coupe out from storage!

It'll be headed into my shop for fine-tuning this week, save big $$$-get it now, before I invest more time/parts into it!

exterior is in fair condition, interior same, with some fading in rear carpet.

runs a little rough, been sitting for 2 years, needs tuning, drives great!

No warning messages, no codes displayed.

Great for a daily driver, not a show car. 159,000 miles.

See attached photo.

post-38921-143137876583_thumb.jpg

The silver/gray 89 Reatta coupe is still in the shop, replaced both front and rear windshields, now working on "factory-look custom" color set enhancements.

The replaced interior will feature: black carpet, headliner, A-pillar covers, Forward dash cover, door panel inserts, speaker grilles, rear tub compartments, pinstripes. The roof will be painted black. Steering wheel will be gray.

This one won't be ready for a couple weeks, due to other cars in process, but will be a real eye catcher when done.

135,000 miles. See attached photo, I'll get better pix when further along.

[color:\\"red\\"] UPDATE!

The interior is nearly done! I just can't decide on where to add contrast to the steering wheel, it's just too much gray in that area, maybe the horn button, or ony it's center. NEW photo posted!

post-38921-143137876596_thumb.jpg